Lurchalicious' ALH GTB1756VK build w/ dyno

cooper426

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exc. 2001 Golf TDI
I am in Austria now for work, I cant believe how many VW models there is compared to NA. I keep needing to wipe the drool off my chin. Someday I will look into importing a VW from Germany, my choice now would be the Eurovan T5 TDI 4 motion.

Europe are one lucky bunch when it comes to choice of Diesel's

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Had been chasing a coolant leak for a while, and soon I started getting a pressurized coolant system. Head gasket was gone between cylinders 3 & 4.

Got the gasket replaced however a week later I was still topping up coolant.

Block is warped. Right where the gasket failed.

Shop is working up some estimates. Still deciding what direction to take with the whole thing since I rebuilt it last year, we didn't deck the block but it was checked and found to be flat then. Lots of money spent in the last year.

Guess it's the luck of the Irish... And peak crank pressure.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Resurrection!

Just got back from seeing a mate of TDTuning in Dublin - TDR performance. finally got to dial in the tune. setting solid at 1.8 bar.

pump voltage was lowered and idle is smooth

fueling was cut back total of 7%

Took some torque out early on to save parts

This is a very clean tune for the power - yes it still smokes but at higher speeds its not noticeable in the rear-view and around town its very smooth and almost non-existent.

I was on a dyno dynamics road. I feel these are respectable numbers for running a safe tune. If you're in dublin call in to Joe at TDR! And a thank you to mike over at TDTuning for the work all these years.

IAT's still soaking up heat. need a front mount.

Last edited: