Silicone Hose and Viton hose part numbers

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Guys, pardon. Posting this so it is searchable. Some folks DO use the search function. :D

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]mcmaster .com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K22[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Red (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K522[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Blue (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K521[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5054K531[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Soft, 4 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5054K53) [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A3 Jetta: 3 foot of blue/red. 12 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]B4 Passat: 6 foot red/blue. 15 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A4 B/G/J: 10 foot of black 3 mm. 5 foot black 4mm.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]With all these numbers, you will have some left over. Not a bad thing to have a little vacuum tube around.[/FONT]

For fuel return lines, obtain some tygon tubing from any lawnmower shop. 1/8th inch works fine.

Last edited:

Ray_G

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI
Good info! Thanks. Yes, some do you use the search feature.

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I know I'm lazy, but that would be awesome if someone could post how much of each we need to do the job(s?). This is used for:
1) replacing fuel lines,
2) replacing N75 lines,

Anything else?

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
brownnugen said:
I know I'm lazy, but that would be awesome if someone could post how much of each we need to do the job(s?). Anything else?
You are correct! However, my original post is edited. ;)

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Great. It was the third one down when I searched. Now I wonder if I can do some kind of color code thing on my Beetle. I'll look into that myself and post here if I figure out something.

I changed my mind. I'm just going with basic black since black is always in style.

Last edited by a moderator:

TDIwestfalia

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH TDI Syncro camper
great post. I just ordered everything from mc master but they sent me everything in black. I'm a little disappointed for the $30+ I spent on them.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Ginster17 said:
great post. I just ordered everything from mc master but they sent me everything in black. I'm a little disappointed for the $30+ I spent on them.
Check your original online order receipt. If you ordered the correct stuff, fuss at them. They usually make up for their mistakes.

If you can't wait, colored electrical tape is a great way to color code lines.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Unfortunately the 4mm will only be sold in 10m lengths. So I'll have more than I need. For a MkIV, the total is $20.50. Plus shipping and handling which they don't tell you up front...hope they don't f me on that.

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
I just bought what was suggested for the A4 chassis (2003 Jetta ALH). The 4mm ID hose is what fit in most places, but the 3mm ID hose didn't fit anywhere. It seems that there is some larger hose (larger ID and OD) that goes various places in the engine bay. Does anybody know what size that is exactly? It looks like either 10mm/7mm OD/ID or 13mm/9mm OD/ID. I just haven't busted out the calipers to check it yet because I don't have any here.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
cbass94 said:
I just bought what was suggested for the A4 chassis (2003 Jetta ALH). The 4mm ID hose is what fit in most places, but the 3mm ID hose didn't fit anywhere. It seems that there is some larger hose (larger ID and OD) that goes various places in the engine bay. Does anybody know what size that is exactly? It looks like either 10mm/7mm OD/ID or 13mm/9mm OD/ID. I just haven't busted out the calipers to check it yet because I don't have any here.
The factory vacuum lines sizes are 3.5mm and 5mm inside diameter. No clue about outside diameter, and don't care.

The 3mm line will fit anywhere the 3.5mm is used. Silicone stretches a bit, and it slides right on the nipples. Ditto the 4mm in place of the 5mm. Use a little spit lube, if necessary. I've installed a lot of it, and never had a problem.

Be wary of the places you used the 4mm line in place of the 3.5mm size. They could come loose, and may be leaking a bit of vacuum.

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
paramedick said:
Guys, pardon. Posting this so it is searchable. Some folks DO use the search function. :D

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]mcmaster .com[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K22[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Red (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
Ft.
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K522[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Blue (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
Ft.
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K521[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT]
Ft.
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5054K531[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Soft, 4 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5054K53) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.64/ft[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
Ft.
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5119K41[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]High Temperature Viton Rubber Tubing Firm, 1/8" Id, 1/4" Od, 1/16" Wall, Black [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$3.61/ft[/FONT]

A3 Jetta: 3 foot of blue/red. 12 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm
B4 Passat: 6 foot red/blue. 15 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm
A4 B/G/J: 10 foot of black 3 mm. 5 foot black 4mm.

With all these numbers, you will have some left over. Not a bad thing to have a little vacuum tube around.

Viton hose: 3 foot is more than you need. You will have some left over after replacing the interinjector lines and return line to the injection pump.

[/FONT]

Hi Paramedick do you know if the Viton valve seals are better in anyway from the oem units

Ron 33

Veteran Member
TDI
Y2K Jetta GLS Atlantic Blue, Manual
question

The Viton part # 5119K41 on the McMaster website lists the tubing as "soft" not "firm" is this an error or a change in part # over the years?
If you should be ordering the firm Viton tubing, check your part numbers.

The 5119K811 looks like a better choice if you need a firm hose, it has a thicker wall but the same ID. Just my .02.

What is the ID of the OEM Fuel hose?

Thanks

Last edited:

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
TDIparts.com has the fuel hose for around $5 meter. Try Mercedes, although their line is grey, it will cheaper than VW but more than tdi parts

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
not so lucky

donDavide said:
I am going to see if the have green and white tubing so i can have my tri-color scheme
No tri-colors for me. They just have blue, red and black.
Judging from website prices went up. My total was $21.50 plus $4.50 shipping. I did not get the 4mm hose because I did not need it.

Last edited:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Finished replacing the hoses on my A4, and my anti-shudder engine shut off problem is gone! Now onto the B4... wow is there a lot of hose on it.

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Another update, I finished my B4 hoses. Please note, it is best to pull the blue hose off the turbo from underneath the car, but you should be top side when you re-attach it. I spent about 20 minutes underneath trying to get it on. When I tried it from on top, it was maybe 30 seconds.

cbass94

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 2011 JSW
I'm still able to get to the links. They pull up McMaster-Carr pages for the specific hose types. What browser are you using?

AlanH70

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I just plug in the part number on the Mcmaster search and it comes up....But after reading the use for some of the hoses I wonder if I shold get them!! A few of them say for food and beverage use haha....

When I search Mcmaster using diesel fuel tubing it brings up a lay flat hose....So I must be doing something wrong!! I would really like to get some sort of color coding to my hoses...Maybe red for fuel blue for vacuum and black for whatever....Is that possible? I know paramedik has helped out by putting the sizes for hose in the post but how does a person find out what size hose fits an A3 jetta (98 Jetta TDI)....

Last edited:

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K22[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Red (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K522[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Blue (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5041K521[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Firm, 3 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2.5 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5041K52) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.91/ft[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5054K531[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Metric Silicone Rubber Tubing Soft, 4 mm Id, 8 mm Od, 2 mm Wall, Black (Same as 5054K53) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$0.64/ft[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Ft.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]5119K41[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]High Temperature Viton Rubber Tubing Firm, 1/8" Id, 1/4" Od, 1/16" Wall, Black [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]$3.61/ft[/FONT]

A3 Jetta: 3 foot of blue/red. 12 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm
B4 Passat: 6 foot red/blue. 15 foot black 3mm. 5 foot black 4mm
A4 B/G/J: 10 foot of black 3 mm. 5 foot black 4mm.

With all these numbers, you will have some left over. Not a bad thing to have a little vacuum tube around.

Viton hose: 3 foot is more than you need. You will have some left over after replacing the interinjector lines and return line to the injection pump.

[/FONT]
Alan: Look above, there is a description for the A3 and length needed, the 3MM will fit the OEM nipples of 3.5MM and so will the 4mm fit the 5mm nipples(per Paramedick).

Jim Stapleton

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat Wagon TDI GLX
Colored lines for which locations?

Hate to ask this basic question - but there had to be a reason for the different colored lines. I received my order, red,blue, and black 3mm silicon line/tubing. The location of the viton hose I have - for the injector return line.

The question is for the red and blue 3mm silicon lines - compared to the black 3mm silicon lines. All the existing lines (OEM) are black cloth. What was the intent (and location) of the red and blue 3mm lines.

Looking forward to the response(s).

Jim Stapleton

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat Wagon TDI GLX
Silicon lines - where

Working on my 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - all hoses are OEM, which are all the black cloth type.
I'm trying to determine if there is a color standard for certain hoses, as I have the red, blue, and black. Don't want to start fitting and cutting, then run out when the red should have been for xxx to xxx, and the blue should have been for xxx to xxx

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Working on my 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI - all hoses are OEM, which are all the black cloth type.
I'm trying to determine if there is a color standard for certain hoses, as I have the red, blue, and black. Don't want to start fitting and cutting, then run out when the red should have been for xxx to xxx, and the blue should have been for xxx to xxx
The red and blue colors maintained the original color scheme in the A3/B4 cars. I just use the black hose on A4s.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I think the ALH looks best with Blue silicone lines on it.. but thats just me :p

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
keep in mind. I have EGR delete and have thinned out the herd quite a bit compared to a stock TDI vac line setup.