EDC15 Target Boost vs Specified Boost

TDI
B5.5 Passat RWD converted 4motion TDI
Hi, I am hoping someone could help shed some light on a comparison between the boost map figures in the EDC15 K line vs the VCDS logged specified boost figure.

I have been having an issue with an ECU I am using, the values specify 2900mbar of boost and 80-85ish mg per stroke in fuelling on the relevant maps such as driver wish, torque limit and smoke limit.

But when logging via VCDS the requested value tops out at 2600mbar, what would cause that?

I narrowed one issue down to a faulty N75 which has subsequently been replaced but still suffer the same problem, lack of boost which is causing over fuelling. I can post logs if needed.

Any help is appreciated.

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Diagnostic limits need raised, it's a little complicated but plenty of info in how to do it online.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Yep, you've saturated the map sensor and it wont show any boost spikes anymore... Get a 4 Bar map sensor and scale the linearisation map for the new sensor...

TDI
Thanks guys, I was assuming it is something around sensors and after having a brief look this makes a lot of sense.

I will have a play around and post some results when I can! Much appreciated.

TDI
So, got hold of a 4 bar, mapped it in and still same issue... Requesting 2601mbar, checked a lot of threads but couldn't find any solid info, maybe I am missing the key details?

I really do think it is firmware issue, I would be happy to share the map with someone who can help. I believe it to be from a reputable company and done properly but think I am missing a parameter or have an incompatibility somewhere.

Thanks

Tero P

TDI
Golf MK4 Estate ASZ 379hp, Passat B5.5 Estate 4motion AVF 365hp
2601mbar is diagnostic limit. If you want see higher numbers in diagnostic you need raise diagnostic limits from ecu software.

TDI
2601mbar is diagnostic limit. If you want see higher numbers in diagnostic you need raise diagnostic limits from ecu software.
Yeah I realised that from other posts and my own research, the issue being how do I raise the limit, where do I find it, that is what I am struggling with.

Last edited:

Tero P

TDI
Golf MK4 Estate ASZ 379hp, Passat B5.5 Estate 4motion AVF 365hp
Just google ”edc15 diagnostic limit” and you will get lot of info.

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
I'll try to quickly explain it, there is a 8 bit message, a 8 bit factor and a 16 bit factor that need to be changed. View the hexdump in 8 bit mode, search for "018 255". You will find it 3 times per codeblock, all 3 instances will be very close together, change all 3 occurrences to "008 162". View hexdump in 16 bit. Search for "00980" there will be several occurrences per codeblock. Find the first occurrence of 00980 after the values you changed previously. Change that one occurrence of "00980" to "00617". Make sure you do these changes in the active codeblock. This will extend the diagnostics to slightly over 4bar.

TDI
I'll try to quickly explain it, there is a 8 bit message, a 8 bit factor and a 16 bit factor that need to be changed. View the hexdump in 8 bit mode, search for "018 255". You will find it 3 times per codeblock, all 3 instances will be very close together, change all 3 occurrences to "008 162". View hexdump in 16 bit. Search for "00980" there will be several occurrences per codeblock. Find the first occurrence of 00980 after the values you changed previously. Change that one occurrence of "00980" to "00617". Make sure you do these changes in the active codeblock. This will extend the diagnostics to slightly over 4bar.
Much appreciated, exactly the type of info I was looking for, I found it in other threads online but was not as concise at all.

Also, which type of software would you suggest for this? WinOLS?

Last edited:

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Much appreciated, exactly the type of info I was looking for, I found it in other threads online but was not as concise at all.

Also, which type of software would you suggest for this? WinOLS?
WinOLS is definitely what I would use. It's possible in a normal hex editor but far harder. Fell free to ask any other questions you might have.

TDI
WinOLS is definitely what I would use. It's possible in a normal hex editor but far harder. Fell free to ask any other questions you might have.
Thanks, just to make sure I am on the right lines here, would I be doing the following;

As you can see on the right I am finding quite a few 018 255 instances, I am assuming I change them all? Or is their only three as you say all grouped?

Appreciate the help a lot as it's a lot to take in for a first timer, also found this really good guide for anyone stumbling across this topic in the future https://docuri.com/download/vp37-remap-guide-rev-6_59c1e8dbf581710b286ce2f1_pdf

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Thanks, just to make sure I am on the right lines here, would I be doing the following;

As you can see on the right I am finding quite a few 018 255 instances, I am assuming I change them all? Or is their only three as you say all grouped?
Appreciate the help a lot as it's a lot to take in for a first timer, also found this really good guide for anyone stumbling across this topic in the future https://docuri.com/download/vp37-remap-guide-rev-6_59c1e8dbf581710b286ce2f1_pdf
There is 3 groups of 3, you can change them all or just change the ones in the active codeblock, also only change 1 instance of 980 per codeblock, not all of them

BustedBolts

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 and 2002 Golf's
Also if you want pm me and email your file to me I can make a map pack with the addresss you need to change.