3 diesels a Wedding and a BIG NH GTG

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
The Bride's $0.02

I just need to say a few more things about those closest to us...we really wouldn't have gotten here without you - literally
!

Jetter_Sprinta - Without your tenacity, nudging, tireless efforts and the Sprinta, the move into this house would not have been completed even close to on time.
Scott - Thank you so much for the extra times you came out and helped Peter and for the smoke detector that is now firmly attached to the ceiling. And thanks for the good attitude during the move - you really kept people in line and moving!
Chris – Thank you for your packing and moving efforts also – you were a real trooper, it was a long day! Thank you for your extra efforts on the wedding day and GTG day. The wedding cake was out of this world - and yes, we put the last piece aside for next year. The hamster was a thoughtful touch. The guacamole was awesome -gotta get that recipe but like the margaritas, it probably won't taste as good as when you whip it up...

TorkingDog - You've been there for EVERYTHING - thank you for freezing your buns off on Friday to be with us on our special day. Thanks for your efforts during the move and your constant companionship. You are a grillmaster supreme!

Phoenix42 - crap, crap, crap - what can I say? You busted your bunz during the move, too. We couldn't have done it without you, and your constant torturing. Thanks for rearranging the world to make it up on our special day and for the slave labor the day of the GTG.

Tdipoet – Your efforts during the move will not be forgotten – lovesick puppy that you were!
We are so happy for you and Vanessa, and hopefully you two will have a beautiful wedding day also. The instant photos you provided during the GTG are priceless!

HermTDI - Thank yo soooooooooooooo much Herm for your long distance wedding planning efforts and the beautiful ceremony. Land's End was the PERFECT location and Cook's was the perfect place to gather afterwards. And thank Nila Sue for welcoming us into your home so warmly, with coffee & donuts and a place to change! It really was a memorable day thanks to both your efforts!

And finally tomo366…our long distance family member

You have welcomed me into this group even though I moved in on your ‘territory’ and eventually stole ‘your’ man. Then you made special efforts to come up here and actually give him away to me. That will never be forgotten, as well as your friendship and companionship. I hope you see that you are not losing a roomie, but gaining another friend and GTG buddie. I look forward to years of GTG’s with you and my new husband – you know I can NEVER take your place in Peter’s heart, and now you have a place in mine, too!

I look forward to continued GTG’s, meeting new friends and keeping up with the well-worn friends. Thanks to ALL that came out on Sat, and to those that were with us in spirit! See you all at the upcoming GTG's!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
And Julie can write from her heart too.

To everyone thank you for allowing us into your busy schedules and coming to the house of 5 garages on our special day.

And where are those white sandy beaches and beach towels and being warm??? Ay-yup not here in Maine especially in March.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Peter & Julie (et al.),
A family member of mine saw the photos...and their first words
were,"Herm...where in Maine do you have white sandy beaches like
that?"

For a moment I was stumped for words...Then I had to confess that what
they were seeing was....snow.

White sandy beaches in Maine...I only wish.
There are two that i know of... one is Lincolnville Beach... sure its not
exactly white, but it is sandy!

and the second is even better and more isolated... and you can't drive
your TDI there:
The Great Sand Beach on Roque Island.

Thats a fantastic place - kinda hard to get to in the fog with all the
scallop draggers (well hard to get to in the days before GPS)...

I really wish I had been able to make it out to the wedding ... Looked
like a great time, and again Congrats to both of you!!!!

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Who would ever think that a clipping my mother gave me from the
Wall Street Journal about this group of TDI people who swap
information (and evidently some other things!
) many years ago would
have such a huge affect on my life!
The one that was written up from the Michigan GTG? Wow! That's very
cool!!! Ya learn some'tin new about great folks around here every
day!

Betzel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Whoa,

Wait a minute. I know I have been like really out of it with work related stress and committment, but I thought this was just an exceptionally cool GTG that I unfortunately had to miss. I did not know it was going to be all this or I would have risked swift and certain spousal punishment to make it.

I mean, I knew a date had been set, but I thought it might be in May or June or something like that. This is off the hook
I did not know Herm did lifetime belts

Well, at the risk of being as repetitive as I am late: Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs V! (and I guess Tom as a confirmed Bachelor again as well!)

[turns on Ben Stein voice]

Wow...

[Ben Stein Voice off]

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Thanks! Hey - better late than never...

We missed your smiling face and tasty grillable treats!

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the event guys.
The good news is you now qualify for a family discount at my site

Seriously, a wedding gift will en route to you soon.

Best wishes for many comfortable miles, with a minimal of refueling.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Just BUMPing this thread to the top on the eve of Peter and Julie's first wedding anniversary!

Happy Anniversary!:cool:

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Thanks Tomo. Julie and are still going strong and the Ho5G has not changed much except for the paint color.

Thanks to all for the good times and well wishes.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Congratulations on 14 years, Julie and Peter! And those GTG photos are a real blast from the past.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Happy Anniversary Julie & Peter!!

...those GTG photos are a real blast from the past.
Krappy hasn’t kept up nearly as well as your marriage, but I think that door handle and window still work! Another blast from the past is reading all the posters’ names and trying to remember who the were!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's kind of sobering to read through this thread 14 years later. I posted about what a great community this is, and it was at this GTG where I got my first RC tune on IBW. What fun to give n1das and others a ride in the tuned car and having them come back and get theirs tuned. Thirteen months later I bought TDIParts (now IDParts) from Danix, and here I am at work at IDParts all these years later. And IBW is still in the parking lot, many RC tunes later (what a slippery slope that was!).

A lot of people posting here are no longer involved in the TDI community, and it certainly has changed, especially in the post-dieselgate world. But Peter and Julie still host a New Year's GTG and it's still a lot of fun.

Thanks, Tomo, for bringing this thread to the front. Great memories.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Time sure does fly Fred.... I recall meeting Peter at my first GTG back in 2001, does not seem like that long ago!

"Happy Anniversary" to a wonderful couple :)

PeterV

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Thank you all.

This has been a great ride with still more to come.