Jetta Mk6 - OEM - Westfalia Hitch

vito3223

Hello,

Has anyone looked into a Westfalia hitch installation for the Jetta Mk6 TDI Highline (Canada) ?

I have seen a number of posts on here in regards to the JSW, Golf etc., but absolutely nothing about the Jetta Mk6.

I have noticed a couple of issues when considering this installation:
1) Rear bumpers on most Jettas are solid and have no valance like the GLI version, which complicates the hitch protrusion through the bumper
2) Since these vehicles have ESP, this typically would require a proper CAN based harness (which is available), so that ESP is adjusted when the trailer is connected to the vehicle

If anyone has any pictures of a OEM type hitch installed in their Jetta Mk6 can you please post these?

I am really annoyed about how cheap these vehicles have become and that the cost cutting measures are limiting the consumer so much. In this case they indicate in the manual that the vehicle can tow, but don't allow the OEM hitch to be implemented.

I am sure many people know this, that VW North America states there is no OEM hitch available for North America. When I say OEM, I mean the OEM hitch that is available in the rest of the normal World.

wwwabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
Ditto, I just put in a Curtis hitch and light module. Other than a few things not lining up 100% (which I am blaming on a rear-ender accident I was in a year ago) the install was very easy. Only had to trim one of the under-body plastic bits.

JasonG

Veteran Member
TDI
1994, 2003 JSW (sold), 2012 Jetta
But isn't the Curtis hitch an under hung?
What is the capacity of the Curtis?