Fuel filter 2010 Jetta TDI

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
WARNING. I bought a fuel filter single hole type from auto parts store in Bradford ON. ,Davenport Auto to be exact. I believe the brand was under Davenport which I believe is a Wix boxed for them.
Well as it turned out it dropped wright off the top part of the filter housing and it was sitting in the bottom of the filter housing and therefore not doing it's job of filtering the diesel fuel and for some time. I hope no damage to the fuel system. I pray there is none. Kept old filter and I have the bill. I will drop by tomorrow and show them. Only payed 23 bucks for it so I should have known because the fit of it was not very tight at the hole and the top part plastic tube they push onto. Installed new Mann filter.
SO be Warned who's fuel filter you us.

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
Are you sure its the right filter? the 2010 has 2 possible fuel filter choices. Did the auto parts store use your VIN to find the filter?

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
It's the wright one all wright. Single hole , top. I have bought many times and also had Double check part # The hole became larger in the diesel fuel as when first on stayed somewhat. That's what I get for being cheap.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
It was 23.74 all in. I guess one gets what they pay for. Cheap for cheaply made. Most likely made in China or worse.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Price has nothing to do with quality. Please post pictures so it's easier ot understand what you are trying to describe.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
Changing a fuel filter. If you have changed one then you would have seen how the single hole fuel filter mounts/ slides onto the the plastic onto the bottom side of the plate that all hoses run to the top metal part. Can't take pics as the unit is together with new better filter installed. I disagree price sometimes does affect quality.

Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
.A 2010 Jetta TDI CJAA Diesel. Look up the fuel filer say on idparts.com and the single hole fuel filter. The hole inlarged and then dropped off of the filter head plastic so no filtered fuel. The fuel also caused the seal to change its size to even larger then when new. So cheap as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
As it turns out, Checked where I got the filter and the fuel filter was made in China. Like I said you get or rather I got what I paid for, cheap price and a cheap product. So price and where it is made counts. Last time cheap junk.

Last edited:

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Sort of reminds me of the oil threads where the OP wants the best oil and then springs for the cheapest oil filter. :confused:

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
As it turns out, Checked where I got the filter and the fuel filter was made in China. Like I said you get or rather I got what I paid for, cheap price and a cheap product. So price and where it is made counts. Last time cheap junk.
Don't blame the country. They make the product as per the customer's specifications. Blame the company that sells them.

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I blame both the country and the company's who buy from them as.most stuff from China is junk and it seems most company's buy from countries such as China and others because they make a bigger profit from child labour etc and so I blame both the country where made and the companys that get their products produced by them. Blame who we will.