Can you still get a IMP Concepts boost gauge?

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Getting to the point in my car where I might be adding mods and want to get the supporting mods... I.E. Boost and EGT gauges.

I fell in love with the IMP concept gauge long ago when my buddy had his GTI 1.8t back around 2005. I never saw one in person, but I like the fit and finish of the information in the cluster and not a bunch of eye magnets all over the A pillar.

I sent an email on the imp site but it came back mailerdemon. Does anyone know the contact info to IMP or if they are still making the control boxes? Id like to get at least the boost gauge, but could dig the EGT gauge as well.

Cheers!

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
Ended up getting in contact with Ian. The email listed on his site delivers to the wrong place. I stalked him on the forums and found a working email and am in contact with him now. Thanks for looking. If you are interested, the email I got a hold of him at is info1@impconcepts.com

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Is it possible to get both boost and EGT? That gauge looks SLICK!

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
Is it possible to get both boost and EGT? That gauge looks SLICK!
I asked Ian that. I would figure if it fits under the Speedo, then a 2nd would work. I asked him if anything other then ease of hook up with the single face piece of the tach limited putting it in the speedo face. We shall see!

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
I spoke with Ian. Sounds like if you want a completed box that is tested and calibrated, you'll want to call ASAP. He only has 1-2 built right now, and poor eyesight is stopping him from building more. He does have a box full of the PCB's though if you are really handy with your soldering. Im personally going to get the barebones build it yourself kits.

The boost and EGT gauges use the same board (1 for each gauge), just a extra shield to integrate for the EGT probe.

Ill be picking my barebones kits up soon and ill make a thread as its going. He didn't give me a solid answer about fitting the LEDs behind the speedo, but I have a spare cluster to investigate and see if it is possible. Dreaming of a Boost on the Tach and EGT on the speedo.... gunna be sweet!

Last edited:

ShokWaveRider

Vendor
Hi, this is IMPConcepts, here. I have a very limited supply of these gauges left. I stopped making them a few years ago for personal health reasons. I do have plenty of blank PCBs available if anyone wants to take over making them.