VW 501 14 Brake Fluid

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Posted this on the Mark 5 forumm as well.................................

I was looking through the Bentleys on my 06 Jetta and notice that the brake fluid spec for model year 06 has changed.

The new spec is VW 501 14. Old spec is FMVSS 116 DOT 4. Bentleys says that the new fluid can be used in older Dot 4 cars but nothing about if Dot 4 can be used in the 06 model year cars.

Any one know anything about this?

Was wondring because by summer I will probably be doeing fluid changes on a few different Make/Model cars and I wanted to try and get a fluid that is compatible with all of them.

T.D.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Mr. Rattler, that's SUPER DOT 4. It's got tighter specs than traditional DOT 4. I supposed ATE would have something that would be comparable, but may not be printed on the label.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
The new standard VW 501 14
For the new brake fluid, with the standard VW 501 14 first created a separate standard. To confusion with conventional brake fluids, or with poor grades to avoid necessarily look to the new standard.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
Is that anything like the Motul 5.1 I used, I can tell you when you switch to 5.1 - this is the fluid with NO silicone, buy 1.5 pints to be sure you get complete flush.