Those of you stuck on step #15 since October....

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan
Docs approved 11/21. Like most, no response.

Sent email this morn but seems like some get a response and others do not. Probably did not hurt and hopefully helps but I expect not much actually happens.

Good to see so many received offers today. Hope continues to roll in

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
These were the cars I bought to flip:
2009 JSW (green check mark 11/06, offer 11/23) (no lien)
2010 Jetta (green check mark 11/07, offer 11/24) (no lien)
2014 Beetle (green check mark 11/08, offer 12/12) (financed thru Chase)
2013 A3 P+ (green check mark 11/14, offer 12/22) (financed thru Chase)
2012 A3 P (green check mark 11/15, offer 12/12) (financed thru Chase)
Well, maybe there is hope my 11/14's will show up in the next couple days. Thanks.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
And then it took an additional 2 weeks after uploading notarized offers before I could schedule the buyback appointments for the 09 JSW and 15 Jetta. I'm pretty sure the first appointments in my area started 12/19.

I'll report back how long it takes to schedule appointments for the others.

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
And then it took an additional 2 weeks after uploading notarized offers before I could schedule the buyback appointments for the 09 JSW and 15 Jetta. I'm pretty sure the first appointments in my area started 12/19.
I'll report back how long it takes to schedule appointments for the others.
But when is your first scheduled buyback?

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
And you were one of the first to receive your offer which means the ones coming around just now will probably be waiting quite a while.

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
I've emailed twice. Got the basic have patience reply. Been green checked since 10/27.

Turtherlips

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/ Nav
I've been waiting with green checkmarks since 10/24. I emailed info@vwclasscounsel.com on December 5th and December 8th to try and get an update. I have had no response from either inquiry.
I have had my docs approved since 10/20. I've sent 4 emails to info@vwclasscounsel.com and haven't received any response. I've called 5 times (as recent as yesterday) and they've told me that my offer is complete, but is being audited. They cannot tell me how much longer I'll need to wait.

Meanwhile, my Passat has been parked in my mother's driveway, 1,000 miles away, since May...

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I've called 5 times (as recent as yesterday) and they've told me that my offer is complete, but is being audited.
I think that's what they've been told to tell anybody who calls in who's stuck on the green checkmark stage, regardless of where in the process it actually is.

jables

TDI
B5.5 Passat
I received a confirmation email that all my documents have been approved on Nov 15 but have not heard anything since.

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
I have one scheduled 12/17.
Can't wait to hear good news about your buyback.

FYI all, I just got my buy back offer for car bought 3-1-2016. It's 78% restitution. Still better than the 50% I though I would get a few months ago.

D3R3K

TDI
2010 Jetta, 2011 Jetta, 2011 JSW, 2012 Jetta, 2012 Golf 4 dr
Make sure you guys are checking the vwclaims portal as well. I logged in yesterday to find an offer.

I didn't receive and email or anything like I did on my other cars.

Rmanrulz

TDI
2012 Jetta
:D
Make sure you guys are checking the vwclaims portal as well. I logged in yesterday to find an offer.
I didn't receive and email or anything like I did on my other cars.
I login a few times a day. Before work, during work a few times a day and after work a few times until bed time. During morning coffee. It's like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Same thing every day lol.:D

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Just got mine yesterday. Already signed and notarized and uploaded back to the website. Now time to wait again.

neil_hpk

TDI
2013 Passat SE
Documents uploaded 9/28/2016, accepted on 10/31/2016. Offer came through on 12/8 and was uploaded on 12/9. Appointment scheduled on 12/13 for 1/10. Fine with me, bumps me up into the next mileage category as long as they count the 1st of the month as the '16' months from September 2015.

Located in Nashville, TN.

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Just spoke with Marissa Oh from the law firm and she said current info from VW indicated doc's accepted first week of Nov (Mine was Nov 7th) are likely to get offers after the first of the year.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Just spoke with Marissa Oh from the law firm and she said current info from VW indicated doc's accepted first week of Nov (Mine was Nov 7th) are likely to get offers after the first of the year.
So two full months, at least until the inevitable further delays that put into February or March.

Pathetic.

titleist1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
Mr. Furious....what is the third party auditor date you have listed? Did they send you an email saying it was sent to 3rd party auditor? :confused:

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Mr. Furious....what is the third party auditor date you have listed? Did they send you an email saying it was sent to 3rd party auditor? :confused:
That's what they told me when I called the claims line last week. There was no notification or indication on the claims status page, it's purely from what the rep said.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
Documents uploaded 9/28/2016, accepted on 10/31/2016. Offer came through on 12/8 and was uploaded on 12/9. Appointment scheduled on 12/13 for 1/10. Fine with me, bumps me up into the next mileage category as long as they count the 1st of the month as the '16' months from September 2015.

Located in Nashville, TN.
Did you receive an email regarding the appointment scheduling?

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Mine was accepted 11/8, uploaded 12/8, appointment set 12/12 for 1/5. There is no rhyme or reason to this.

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
That's what they told me when I called the claims line last week. There was no notification or indication on the claims status page, it's purely from what the rep said.
Which is the same exact line I was told. I think we called right around the same time.

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
Complained to counsel this weekend at the info@vwclasscounsel.com email address. Got a return email to call in tomorrow.

Hello,
My name is Henry Pines and I'm a paralegal working for Finkelstein Thompson LLP, one of the firms on the steering committee. Please reach out to me at 202-337-8000 x119 tomorrow, or any day after, between 9am and 5:30pm EST regarding your concerns.

Best,
Henry H. Pines
Paralegal
Finkelstein Thompson LLP
202-337-8000 x119
hpines@finkelsteinthompson.com
VW “Clean Diesel” MDL No. 2672 | Plaintiffs Steering Committee
info@vwclasscounsel.com

beancounter

TDI
2014 Sportwagen 2013 Beetle Conv
Finally got an offer on 12/11 for Jetta SW waiting since 10/26 . I was heading out the door on business trip so had to wait until tonight to get notarized. Hope I get it back approved soon, would like to be finished with VW ASAP.

fan of fanboys

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sedan

Funny, I spoke to her yesterday too

I sent email to the info address Monday, she responded asking best time for her to call me, I responded to that and she called like 5 minutes later. She was very nice.

She told me that they have been told by VW that they expect to be caught up from the backlog in January. She said VW is running 2-3 weeks behind their 10-day window. So roughly 5 weeks, not counting holidays, after you get green check you should have offer. But even still that is no guarantee.