Dieselgate - Post Oct 18 Court Hearing

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Let me open this thread by stating that this is a great resource for those of us who do not have the time or resources to follow the daily news on Dieselgate daily. While I appreciate the forum I know that many threads have gotten off topic and subsequently been closed by the moderator. I am starting this one in hope to gain traction as a new all-encompassing information source on the scandal/buy-back to provide a queriable information source to search through when I and others have time. Since the other threads have been closed I have been out of touch with the news; although perhaps there has not been a lot until Tuesday the 18th of October. If there is another thread that provides this purpose I have not found it.

A suggestion for the moderator...please do not close a thread just because a few people don't follow the rules; this is an important resource for many of us and it provides substantial value for sharing the dieselgate knowledge. Thank you, Jonathan

Last edited:

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
don't worry, tomorrow there will be at least 10 new threads reporting the exact same news

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
don't worry, tomorrow there will be at least 10 new threads reporting the exact same news
And every one will open with a disclaimer that the OP searched the site extensively and found nothing on this topic.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
Perhaps one or two of the new threads will even contain some accurate information.

I'd sure hate to see the moderators close this valuable thread (not).

nozel

TDI
2006 Jetta Gas, replaced by 2009 Sportwagen, replaced by 2013 Golf Sportwagen TDI
Perhaps one or two of the new threads will even contain some accurate information.

I'd sure hate to see the moderators close this valuable thread (not).
Sir
I salute your wisdom...
The minority of information was official, the majority speculation
Many,in the many threads are desperate for official information, which can only be found in the court settlement web site. The rest is speculative rumors, hopefully Oct 18 cements the resolution process.

VW have apparently committed to providing a fix for gen3 (the technology designed to meet tighter standards of 2017 onwards.

Sadly, I see abandonment of the obsolete gen1 and gen2 technology (those were the majority of the 450000+) VW's on the road in North America.

In Canada, we really have NO idea where we stand as our overseeing body has not offered any information, what so ever.

It is my hope, Canadians won't be abandoned, after all we are breathing American air (North American Air);)

Romeo Zulu

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Yeah - I bet it'll be really hard to find anything around here tomorrow - sure glad this most informative thread got started.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
My thread will be:

Why I should have kept my TDI

or

My new non TDI sucks

or

Can I get my TDI back

or

Why am I spending so much money in fuel now.

Wow these are really important threads. Maybe I'll do them all, and MOD's please do not lock them down. These are critical to the community that will be mourning the loss of our TDI's.

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW (GoneBack) - replaced with '15 Azera and '16 Fiat 500e.
My thread will be "how quick can I get my TDi running again just so it can be demolished and get me free of the nightmare vehicle."

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
It is my hope, Canadians won't be abandoned, after all we are breathing American air (North American Air);)
It's your government that decided to not sue on it's own, and decided to wait and piggyback on the US court case.

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
Heard on the news this AM, VW does not have an approved fix for the court date today which apparently was required? News was saying this may force a buyback for all affected vehicles..

Just reporting what the AM news said..

purduecrew

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
the settlement before the judge has never required a fix. the fix from VW has always been an option. So the fix being available or not has no bearing on the actual decision being made today.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Shouldn't a thread entitled "Post Oct 18 Court Hearing" wait until, you know, after the Oct 18 court hearing?

CraziFuzzy

Veteran Member
TDI
Shouldn't a thread entitled "Post Oct 18 Court Hearing" wait until, you know, after the Oct 18 court hearing?
no no no.. this thread isn't about the hearing, it's a thread about discussions that will be had about the hearing.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Anyone have the time our Judge is expected to sign off today? Seems like last 2 times we had news shortly after lunch.

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
Does anyone really expect much of a change? I don't. I think it will be approved as submitted.

faultymechanics

Veteran Member
TDI
1992 Jetta Ecodiesel, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL
As long as condition requirements don't change, I'm happy. Maybe toss me a couple thou more too!

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Glad this thread got started and I sure hope the moderators won't shut it down.

The judge is expected to hear from VW owners today who feel the $10 Billion dollar preliminary plan announced in July is unfair.

Does anybody know whether or not today is the date when we may hear if EPA has approved VWs fix plan (if there is one) ?

Thanks

http://www.theolympian.com/news/business/article108888262.html

Last edited:

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Anyone have the time our Judge is expected to sign off today? Seems like last 2 times we had news shortly after lunch.
Hearing testimony today from a couple dozen whiners @ 2 minutes each, plus various other formalities. Early afternoon PST.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I wonder if the whiners are surprised by their 2 minute limit? They were probably expecting much longer to act out their pitiful stories and hand out crying towels.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Does anyone really expect much of a change? I don't. I think it will be approved as submitted.
I'm guessing the dealers will be added, but I'm also guessing the restitution amount for later purchasers will be defined. Otherwise, clarifications will be added while discrepancies will be removed and it'll be similar to the original in content at least.

Glad this thread got started and I sure hope the moderators won't shut it down.

The judge is expected to hear from VW owners today who feel the $10 Billion dollar preliminary plan announced in July is unfair.

Does anybody know whether or not today is the date when we may hear if EPA has approved VWs fix plan (if there is one) ?

Thanks

http://www.theolympian.com/news/business/article108888262.html
I know VW is supposed to submit their 3.0 fix to the EPA next Monday, but I haven't heard anything about the 2.0 fix.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I wonder if the whiners are surprised by their 2 minute limit? They were probably expecting much longer to act out their pitiful stories and hand out crying towels.
Maybe someone will flip out when they get the "your time is up" notification from the judge and have to be removed by a bailiff? That would be awesome.

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Every other thread (that I could find) about the hearing has been closed by the moderator. I figured that title would be a clue that this is for new information starting the day of the hearing.