Email for monetary loss

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
For cases like mine where VW did not pay off the loan in a timely manner (or other scenarios where there was a monetary damage due to VW's error), there is now a panel set up to email into. Panel is made up of 3 people, one from VW, 1 from the court system, and a 3rd party neutral person appointed by the courts. They will award or deny on a case by case basis per your email.

In my situation for instance, I can't file yet since I dont have the full monetary damage of interests since VW hasn't paid my loan yet, but once I have that paid, I can make a claim for VW to pay the 2+ months of interest back to me due to their negligence.

their email is crc@vwcourtsettlement.com You will need your Name, Claim # and VIN included in the email along with any pertinent information regarding your case.

NamesLucky

TDI
14 TDI Jetta
While great, one 3 person team seems pretty understaffed. If everyone that is owed anything, even say $20 in interest (which I would predict is most people that have a loan) it will take them years to get through the emails. 5min/email for 8 hours a day is only ~100 or so a day.
Edit: Forgot to first say thank you for getting this out to the forum, it is a welcomed step in the right direction.

Last edited:

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
While great, one 3 person team seems pretty understaffed. If everyone that is owed anything, even say $20 in interest (which I would predict is most people that have a loan) it will take them years to get through the emails. 5min/email for 8 hours a day is only ~100 or so a day.
Edit: Forgot to first say thank you for getting this out to the forum, it is a welcomed step in the right direction.
There's not really that many people that are having monetary damages like this, so i doubt they're even getting 100/day

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
I could put in a claim for two months of interest, but my pungent jumped by $600 by waiting until February. I'll sit this out.

NamesLucky

TDI
14 TDI Jetta
I could put in a claim for two months of interest, but my pungent jumped by $600 by waiting until February. I'll sit this out.
I didn't think about it this way, I figured the OP meant VW didn't pay his loan off fast enough AFTER he turned it in, but if this panel considers all interest lost based on VW not hitting the original timelines I suspect everyone with a loan could be seeing many months of interest back.

flargabarg

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg Lux TDI
Sure. It won't work that way though. It will only be based on delays between buyback and payoff.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
I didn't think about it this way, I figured the OP meant VW didn't pay his loan off fast enough AFTER he turned it in, but if this panel considers all interest lost based on VW not hitting the original timelines I suspect everyone with a loan could be seeing many months of interest back.
Correct, though I am a she. VW bought my car back 40 days ago on 2/3. They have possession of my car since that date. My EFT came through but loan never was paid off per buyback. In this case, once my loan is paid off, this panel will consider my case for damages for excess interest incurred from Feb 3rd due to the delay.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Thanks for this poster

Helpful to the one's who are affected.

vw has been crappy to some folks in the situation

Dollar here dollar there

Not to mention some folks who were messed over on their FICO because of vw

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Helpful to the one's who are affected.
vw has been crappy to some folks in the situation
Dollar here dollar there
Not to mention some folks who were messed over on their FICO because of vw
How did anyone mess up their FICO unless they stopped making payments? If they stopped the payments, that's their own fault. If this military family can make sacrifices to make sure the car we dont own is still paid to protect our FICO, then anyone can.

But regardless this is getting off topic. Take the griping elsewhere and leave this thread open for people who are actually owed money (not just "feel" they're owed money) due to delays beyond the norm AFTER their buyback.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
But regardless this is getting off topic. Take the griping elsewhere and leave this thread open for people who are actually owed money (not just "feel" they're owed money) due to delays beyond the norm AFTER their buyback.
Daesania, first, recognition to you and the family for your sacrifice -- in a vet myself and know what it's like to be scraping by and getting tugged ten different ways.

Acknowledging that, there are many TDI owners in similar tight financial and logistical spots because of this.

Lastly, the claims review committee (CRC) isn't anything invented just for your situation. It's in the original settlement and intended to hear anybody with a grievance, including an owner who feels they are owed additional compensation due to process delays. Please don't be so dismissive of somebody who feels they were shortchanged a few months interest just because your situation is so much worse.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Daesania, first, recognition to you and the family for your sacrifice
Acknowledging that, there are many TDI owners in similar tight financial and logistical spots because of this.
Lastly, the claims review committee (CRC) isn't anything invented just for your situation. It's in the original settlement and intended to hear anybody with a grievance, including an owner who feels they are owed additional compensation due to process delays.
Ditto for he service.

My axe to grind is about ALL parties who may have their FICO damaged by the poor service by vw

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
I know you're the FICO hype man 'round here. Even for those who make payments on time, carrying an additional car loan can have a detrimental credit rating impact, if the debt to income ratio gets out of balance. This could knock a borrower into a higher rate bracket for something like a mortgage, new credit card, or any other loan. It's a temporary ding (unlike late or missed patents), but the timing could have consequences.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Daesania, first, recognition to you and the family for your sacrifice -- in a vet myself and know what it's like to be scraping by and getting tugged ten different ways.
Lastly, the claims review committee (CRC) isn't anything invented just for your situation. It's in the original settlement and intended to hear anybody with a grievance, including an owner who feels they are owed additional compensation due to process delays. Please don't be so dismissive of somebody who feels they were shortchanged a few months interest just because your situation is so much worse.
I never once claimed it was invented for my situation at all, in fact it was in the original court documents anyway. I was simply adding to the fact that my class action lawyer stated that for those of us impacted by the loan payoff delays that this is our way to recoup our added expenses for interest on our (should be paid off) loans. Please re-read my original post. The class action lawyer stated the panel is now accepting cases like ours to recoup interest. In the original documents it was set up to handle special requests, not specific to delays in payoffs, but now that is included.

Again, i am requesting to please not derail from the original post. Please keep this thread open for people who may be in similar situations, not to bicker who may or may not benefit for it. That is for the CRC to decide, not us.

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know you're the FICO hype man 'round here.

Even for those who make payments on time, carrying an additional car loan can have a detrimental credit rating impact, if the debt to income ratio gets out of balance.

This could knock a borrower into a higher rate bracket for something like a mortgage, new credit card, or any other loan
. It's a temporary ding (unlike late or missed patents),

but the timing could have consequences.
Exactly X 100

I watch my FICO like a hawk

It goes up (and down) 1 - 5 points every month ~~ and I have the foggiest knowledge of why

Strangest move was (UP) when we financed my wife's 2015 RAV4 LIMITED

~~ a few points up ~~ guess it was because we had no mortgage or car loans at the time

IMO

A screw up on VW's part might have cost some parties (via a lower FICO) a lot more than the subject of this thread