Got the money, haven't turn in the car yet

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
You really should straighten this out ASAP. By filling out the Chase Payments form, filling in your account number, etc and pressing the button for payment, while you still have the car, some might consider this theft by false pretenses.

I am not saying it is theft......but in today's legal environment with some gung ho prosecutors, you don't want to put yourself in that position.
I am trying to. Calling them now, tried three times, they are unable to take calls at this time. They are suppose to call me today (according to them) when ever I get a hold of them I will ask if they would like to get the car prior my next scheduled turn in date 0f 12-27.

Also, how am I suppose to know how VW works, maybe since they screwed up the initial turn in, they decided to give me the money ahead of time, who knows??

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I am trying to. Calling them now, tried three times, they are unable to take calls at this time. They are suppose to call me today (according to them) when ever I get a hold of them I will ask if they would like to get the car prior my next scheduled turn in date 0f 12-27.

Also, how am I suppose to know how VW works, maybe since they screwed up the initial turn in, they decided to give me the money ahead of time, who knows??
Why not just drive (or have it towed) to the dealer and just give the keys to the Ambassador and be done with it?

jtdid

TDI
Golf SportWagen TDI
Good point. BTW, if you can't get through to their service line, might be worth contacting one of the class action lawyers to get yourself on record as trying over and over again. Good luck! I'm sure it will eventually work out!

r_jojola

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDi
So what you think about this :D Incompetence ?? Maybe

Tried to to turn in my TDi 12-7, but the systems were down, they could not produce a receipt. Took my car, title and the docs back home, 12-8 I received an e-mail from Chase to get the money, 12-9 money in my account :)

I called after the cluster**** on 12-7 and complained, the are suppose to call me by end of the day tomorrow. (I was told, I will receive a call within the next 3 business days)

So, tomorrow when (if) I get the call, I will ask them to come and get it. If I do not get the call, I will call them and see if they want me to bring it in before my 2nd turn in date 12-27.

If I was a dishonest person, I would be quiet, more than likely VW just wonders, *** happened to this car :eek: 475K cars, couple will just disappear.

Think before you start telling me that I have done something wrong - THINK!
I think I would just sit with the car and wait till VW attempts to contact me. And then I would treat them like the claim line and make up every lie I can and tell them I intend on giving the car back in 2-3 business days. Then I would tell them Ill escalate this concern to my supervisor and they will get back to them in 48 to 72 hours. :)

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
Why not just drive (or have it towed) to the dealer and just give the keys to the Ambassador and be done with it?
I called the dealer they are not there today, they will be there tomorrow. Planning on doing it tomorrow.

SuperDaveAPK

TDI
2009 Jetta
Have VW roadside assistance pick it up and take it to the dealership.
Calling VW Roadside.....thank you for calling Mr. Nutfinn. But according to our records, you are not the owner of that vehicle so we are unable to send a wrecker to you. :D

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Ain't just VW that loses track of vehicles. When I worked for Hostess, somebody forgot a truck at another bakery and it sat there for 2 years. When Hostess finally went bankrupt, dozens of vehicles were missing. Some were just parked at the wrong facility because that's where they were when the company shut down on short notice, there was even a railroad car full of flour that sat in a remote siding awaiting repairs for a year, but a few cars disappeared and never showed up. When I worked at the Postal Service, they regularly had a couple percent of the trailer fleet missing, they found one being used to haul grain and when Fingerhut went bankrupt we found a bunch of new trailers that they'd been using for storage.

With these TDIs sitting for months and years, lots of 'em will get lost...

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
When I worked for Hostess, somebody forgot a truck at another bakery and it sat there for 2 years. When Hostess finally went bankrupt, dozens of vehicles were missing...
Aw man, I thought this was going to be a story that confirms the unlimited shelf life of Twinkies!!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.

maybe they will make you wait until the 27th and then pay you again! Great story and thanks for sharing.

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
maybe they will make you wait until the 27th and then pay you again! Great story and thanks for sharing.
I hope not, they have my bank information, since it was EFT. What a cluster it would be trying to get them to take the money back.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
One of the more crazy stories I've heard - wow, good luck and hope it all ends for you soon!

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I hope not, they have my bank information, since it was EFT. What a cluster it would be trying to get them to take the money back.
It's easier than you might think for them to get their money back. My employer paid everyone electronically twice several years back. It took them a matter of hours to realize the error and then just minutes to reverse the extra deposits. I would have never realized it until the statement came out except that they had to inform all of the affected parties.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
It's easier than you might think for them to get their money back. My employer paid everyone electronically twice several years back. It took them a matter of hours to realize the error and then just minutes to reverse the extra deposits. I would have never realized it until the statement came out except that they had to inform all of the affected parties.
HOURS?

..... boils down to the quick and the dead:rolleyes:

..... but note

..... I value my 828 FICO more than a silly prank:D

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
Calling VW Roadside.....thank you for calling Mr. Nutfinn. But according to our records, you are not the owner of that vehicle so we are unable to send a wrecker to you. :D
Haha...was just gonna post the same thing.

Evildad

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
If you've canceled the insurance, you can't really drive it back to them, can you? That would really suck, either getting pulled over by a cop with no insurance, or worse, being in an accident on the way back to the dealer.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
How irresponsible of VW not to insure a car they think they own. :D

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
If you've canceled the insurance, you can't really drive it back to them, can you? That would really suck, either getting pulled over by a cop with no insurance, or worse, being in an accident on the way back to the dealer.
..... they own it

..... call 'em

..... tell 'em to pick it up ASAP ~~ or at thier convenience