2000 TDI, 2003 BORA TDI & 2003 Jetta TDI

Mehrl38

Veteran Member
TDI
Ill make it easier.
Post 1:
Hey guys,
Been awhile since I've been on here but I'm going to cut the BS now. I just bought new headlights for my 2003 BORA TDI. These headlights have a Audi LED light in them. And I also bought the euroswitch since my stock headlight switch was not a Euro. So I put the new euroswitch in and installed a headlight. I want the LEDs to come on when the fog lights are on. But the fog lights don't come on when I have the switch pulled out. so my question is. Being that my BORA did not have a euroswitch in it from factory does that mean I need a harness for the new switch for the fogs to work? Everything is plugged in correctly but I looked at both side of the connectors (switch and harness) and it seemed that there was some plugs missing....could this be because this Jetta did not have a euro from factory? Or should my fogs be coming on and I'm doing something wrong. Now I'm not stupid I know how to work a euro switch and I hooked these same headlights up in my buddies car 2 weeks ago. And I did everything the same but he had a euro switch from factory so could the harness be the question or is it a VAGcom thing that I've been reading about...
Please help me out here. I just want to get these damn things hooked up right and not have to worry about it anymore. Electrical makes me want to pull my hair or do this out as well as others lol
Thank You
Dylan

Mehrl38

Veteran Member
TDI
Post2:
Already looking at the fog light wiring harness. Thought that could be one of the problems...Just wanted a second head in on it to go with mine. Another problem im running into is that when we put a volt meter up to the headlight connector coming from the car it reads 0 when it should read 12 - 12.1 showing power from the battery. My fear is that seeing this I dont think the Fog Light wiring harness will fix this problem however it will fix my euro switch problem. But being that the connector shows 0 and showing no power does this mean that I might need to get a new headlight wiring harness?!?!?!

Mehrl38

Veteran Member
TDI
And i just purchased the fog light wiring harness so scratch out that reply lol

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M