Part 1C0 121 120H MT, 2kNB mt coolant vent line bracket

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
After piecing together a botched TB job, this part is left over. It is steel with the above markings and has a plastic hose clip on the end opposite the bolt/stud hole.

I know the coolant vent line going to the EGR cooler and ultimately, the coolant reservoir is where this goes but for the life of me, I cannot find where it attaches. It has a single hole with a tab for anti-rotation. But I cannot find the stud/bolt hole.

Also, where does the rear line clamp for the turbo oil supply line attach? I have the Bentley for 2k JGG but not NB. And these parts are different :(. Tried the public library but this volume is checked out.

TIA

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
On the bugs there are a few extra line 'holders'. The one you are talking about, you better get it in place! It holds the water line to the overflow tank out of the way from hitting the power steering pulley.. You eat through that line, and you might be making some big apologies... I could take a pic, but it goes out to the front. The hole in it is for a bracket around the water line. The flat plate goes horizontally in front of the p.s. pulley.

Last edited:

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
Franko6 said:
On the bugs there are a few extra line 'holders'. The one you are talking about, you better get it in place! It holds the water line to the overflow tank out of the way from hitting the power steering pulley.. You eat through that line, and you might be making some big apologies...
No, it is on the vent line to the reservoir. The line MAY touch the ASV linkage. Since the coolant vent line attaches to the engine at the EGR cooler and then to the reservoir, it should attach somewhere between these two...but for the life of me, I couldn't find it.

I made double sure all things near the accessory drive could not touch. The car still has a fault with the charging system but since the alternator had been recently replaced, I suspected it is a new-fail...electronics have a "bath tub" failure cure, high rate initially, then low failure rate until end of life.

After the marathon effort to replace all the other components, I am beat and need a day to decompress.

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
Thanks again! Now I have to find the rear turbo line bracket. Since I didn't do the disassembly (I ALWAYS bag and tag) and there is a language barrier, certain parts were sent to the trashcan :(. Like the TB cover :eek: . And I am certain the side shields and the belly pan.

This car WAS immaculate before the jack-leg (am I allowed to say this here?) touched it. It had NEVER been to Jiffy-felon as the paint on the crankcase drain plug had NEVER been disturbed until yesterday;) . I saved that for the owner...the drain plug was in perfect shape, I didn't think it needed a thread insert.

Now I know why Winston Wolf was such a hard-head :D .