What did you do to your MK7 today?

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Cleaning the wagon, I pulled pack the door seal near toe kick.

The staples holding it in the unibody is all rusty.

Any ideas what to drop in the holes to stop the spread?

Few dashes of oil to soak and spread on the inside?

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Installed the auto dimming homelink rearview mirror. Easy install and highly recommended.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
whats the dash cam?

I also love mine, great range for the garage door opener, very clean looking too.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
whats the dash cam?

I also love mine, great range for the garage door opener, very clean looking too.
FineVu CR-2000 Omega. It is really nice and the range is excellent. Just wish they came as an option when we bought the car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
FineVu CR-2000 Omega. It is really nice and the range is excellent. Just wish they came as an option when we bought the car.
They are dealer port installed items, some of them are being tossed on before sales to sweeten the pot.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Scrap metal dump on my way to work.

After tightening trailer coupling it's pretty much a rattle free ride with a Bosal hitch.

dwu.048

TDI
2015 Golf MK7 (DSG)
Finally tinted the windows. 18% tint.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen

As a "essential worker" mileage continue to add on my car, did oil change today.
Decided to follow Malone advise and use 5w40.

I also found my annoying rattle, it was driver side sway bar end link. Car is 87000 miles, maybe it is because of the lowering or Quebec road...

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG

As a "essential worker" mileage continue to add on my car, did oil change today.
Decided to follow Malone advise and use 5w40.

I also found my annoying rattle, it was driver side sway bar end link. Car is 87000 miles, maybe it is because of the lowering or Quebec road...
which one oil did you use?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Unless you've removed the DPF and other emissions hardware, won't the T6 clog up the DPF?
I thought that was the reasoning behind us having to go to that 507.00 5w30 (?).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Unless you've removed the DPF and other emissions hardware, won't the T6 clog up the DPF?
I thought that was the reasoning behind us having to go to that 507.00 5w30 (?).
Even if he didn't have the delete T6 would work. It's the OE specified oil for The V6 diesel in Ram Ecodiesel and Jeep Grand Cherokee, both which have DPFs. It's a low ash oil.

The 30 top number on 507.00 oils is only to help it meet a fuel economy specification. There are oils with similar properties that are 5w40s, like any oil that meets M-B 229.51 spec (Pentosin HP2 comes to mind). If you do a lot of high speed or hot weather running in your TDI, a 5w40 might not be a bad idea.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Cleaning the wagon, I pulled pack the door seal near toe kick.

The staples holding it in the unibody is all rusty.

Any ideas what to drop in the holes to stop the spread?

Few dashes of oil to soak and spread on the inside?
Fluid Film.

I learnt about it last year, sprayed my '04 with it before the winter, and everywhere I sprayed actually looks better this year (stopped growing). There is a youtube video on testing various treatments, Fluid Film was on the top.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Put on the summer wheels/tires yesterday. Still it's a bit risky to do so, but we seem to be having an early break up and no more ice on roads. I run 17s in the summer and 16s in the winter.

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
Put on the summer wheels/tires yesterday. Still it's a bit risky to do so, but we seem to be having an early break up and no more ice on roads. I run 17s in the summer and 16s in the winter.
I get overanxious to shed the winter tires every year down here in Oregon. My TDI sports Toyo 205/55R-16 94T Observe GSI5 BW Mud/Snow Studless tires from the first two weeks of November until the second week of March. I don't like driving on them because they make the TDI feel less nimble and they wear out so fast, especially if the wife drives. I start thinking about removing the winter tires in February but Oregon history shows that we get a final winter insult and waiting until March is wiser. In 2018, I had to reinstall the winter tires the first week in April.

Koloss

TDI
2015 GSW 6MT
Fluid Film.

I learnt about it last year, sprayed my '04 with it before the winter, and everywhere I sprayed actually looks better this year (stopped growing). There is a youtube video on testing various treatments, Fluid Film was on the top.

Was it the project farm guy? If so, those videos and tests he does are fantastic. It's like a "live" consumer report built for people that use their hands/build projects/just interested in that stuff....and it's free!

Being in MN, I really need to jump on board applying something like Fluid Film.

T4RBoarder

TDI
'15 GSW SEL 6-spd "Diego"
Spent 7 weeks at the shop but finally got it back, detailed, and in summer mode. Fresh detail and refinished wheels.

Last edited:

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Was it the project farm guy?
Yes! that dude. You should start spraying the stuff. Our winters are only eclipsed by Quebec winters (and road salt...only way to stay alive).

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
it may not be a TDI but i tossed on upper and lower 034 dogbone inserts, I had the lower for about 40K and 3 years, the upper seems to "tighten" it up a little more. NVH is increased only if she's getting be beans or just a whiff at idle, went from prob a 1 to a 3 or 4, def nothing off putting or obnoxious.

Koloss

TDI
2015 GSW 6MT
I posted elsewhere that I got the rawtek eco kit and malone stage 1 on my car on Monday, but one thing I didn't expect was the change making the NVH from the dog-bone insert much harsher! That insert was one of the first things I did to the car, and I love(d) it, but with the new exhaust it's kind of rattle city at the lower RPMS :(

I like some NVH in my cars, but I might have to pull that insert out -- especially in winter!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Yeah we have nasty winters, lots of salt/chloride use.

Apparently sand won't keep body shops in business?

It's the only rust I've found body wise. Where your boots melt and drag across bottom of cab where door meets

Behind only the drivers door gasket are those staples rusty. So im catching it super early.

Need to start that car. Forgot about it. Been a couple of months.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Finally found a set of amber BAY9S bulbs for the front turn signals that are daytime bright enough to be useful for their intended purpose.

And thusly, completes the overhaul conversion of all the "little" lights away from incandescent to LED.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Did you have to (or are you going to) change the light type for that light channel in the BCM? Or are these plug and play... not for me, but out of curiosity.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Didn't change anything in the coding of the BCM. Just plug-and-play bulb swap.

Now that you mention it, I can't even remember that (or if?) I re-coded the bulb type when I put LEDs into the rear tail light assemblies.

Speaking of which, took me a while to find good ones there, but again - pay ~$30USD for a pair of bulbs and you can get "brighter-and-better/redder" than stock.