Build Your Own?

drew ready

Does anyone know what it typically takes for VW to come up with a "Build Your Own" custom configured car?

If I go new, here is what I am looking for:
Jetta Wagon GLS TDI (Black, Leather, Lux, ESP)

Anyone care to share what I should expect to pay for it?

Thanks in advance.

Brioscooter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 and 2005 Golf TDIs
I live in Maryland. My VW salesman told me it takes 3 months from the time he orders a custom car from Mexico until it shows up on their lot. Not too bad at all.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Originally posted by drew ready:
Does anyone know what it typically takes for VW to come up with a "Build Your Own" custom configured car?

Anyone care to share what I should expect to pay for it?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You would do the same thing everyone else does. Travel to a dealer willing to order the car for you, negoitiate a price and wait for the car to be produced.

I would not expect a discount on a requested car such as the TDI wagon. If you seek a discount you will need to do a national search for a dealer that has inventory and be willing to travel to get the car...which could be fun.

Pricing: You can configure the car at VWoA's website and i am quite certain the price shows as you move thru the process. you can also check Edmunds.com for further info.

HTH.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Originally posted by Brioscooter:
My VW salesman told me it takes 3 months from the time he orders a custom car from Mexico until it shows up on their lot.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Brio, at this time, all wagon production for NA is done in the Fatherland.

drew, you may wish to check with forum brother Harvieux. He is in the LA area and works with a local dealership and helps pull great deals together for people. He has the ability to turn up cars that no one else can find...it's his job!

dsclark

Veteran Member
"If I go new, here is what I am looking for:
Jetta Wagon GLS TDI (Black, Leather, Lux, ESP)"

I don't know what you mean by "lux", but I got my GLS TDI wagon with leather, esp, monsoon, 5 speed and destination for about $22237. It took two and a half months for it to arrive at the dealer (it came around 11/18/03)