WTB: 1@ 15" steel rim and decent tire, roof box.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I know, I know we have a for sale or WTB section, but it does me no good if it is in Alabama or California, the seller or a buyer. Shipping is ridicolous for heavy or large items. At least in most of Ontario it can be picked up or delivered. I'm in the GTA.

Looking for a 15" steel rim for 2002 Jetta and maybe a half decent tire on it too. Anyone have one ( 1 ) they want to get rid of and for how much?

Also looking for one of those coffins for the roof top, about 24" wide. Need more space for the drive to Mexico next winter. They are made by Thule and Yakima. Wal-Mart sells an off brand too for $ 329.00. Make is not important to me. But it has to be one of the narrow ones to leave me room for a Bike rack next to it.

Have for sale a Thule rack, square bars. The fittings can be changed to fit almost any car. Currently has fittings for a 1997 Jetta. Ask $ 95.00.

Last edited:

4JimmyVee

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Silver
There an add on craigslist.org for toronto put on a few days ago its not me but I bought 1 from they guy for $50 back in June to replace my spare. (One 15 inch steel rim 5x100 with 195/60-15 tire - $45) add#194149841, I think he'll do better.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the info 4JimmyVee. I'll call the fellow today and see if it is still available.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
4JimmyVee
Sent you an email, the phone number given for this is not in service. Do you have a way of contacting?

4JimmyVee

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Silver
No, I checked my records but there is another guy in richmond hill with 2 rims for sale $25 each his email is : sale-201013223@craigslist.org it have been posted 30Aug06. a few weeks ago he had 6 rims. I keep in checking the list as I'd like to get oem Allum for summer next year.

Best of luck Dave

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks Dave
I left an email message for this fellow in Richmond Hill.

VDubbing, Rob, I did call the SOURCE and talked to Mike. They are quite expensive at about $ 65.00 for a rim, even more then the Sewells Rd Auto wrecker.

BTW I have found that WalMart sells a 5x100 x 6" rim for $52.95

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the info flodiesel, but the listing has gone.
I wonder if it was the one for a "VW cargo box"? I saw it a while back but the guy was asking too much.

flodiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
It was a VW cargo. He was asking 250. In my opinion everything is negotiable. He did mentioned you can even carry 6 pair of ski in it. I will let you know if I will come across anything. I am looking for rims for myself so I am checking almost daily.

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
I had a look at a couple of rims for my A4 Jetta and they were stamped 15x61/2 JJ 38-9016 5x100 will these fit our cars?

Thx

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
flodiesel
Thanks, I guess since the last time I looked at the site he did drop his price from 350 that he originally wanted. Thats more than a new one at Wal-Mart.

Depends on what kind of rims, plain steelies are $ 52.96 each at Wallymart.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, I just got a real nice Yakima box so I'm alright, don't need the wheel anymore either.