01 NB AC clutch won't engage

DeezlBug

TDI
2001 NB TDI w/ALH, automatic
2001 NB, 1.9L ALH,
AC compressor wont engage, normal warm day (or otherwise). I checked the voltage to the clutch with engine running and AC turned on. It was very low (don't recall exactly, was a few months ago) ~ 9 volts. Looked for 4-pin pressure switch, none. There's a 3-pin switch/module near the firewall on the ac line. Bentley says its a pressure high sensor (G65). Can't easily get to the (J239) coolant fan control module to get a part #. Anyone know it?

Is the switch or fan control module a common cause of no AC or low voltage to the AC clutch? Looked on ebay, saw radiator fan control modules. Is that the same thing? Is there something else I need to look at?

Also, does anybody else have problems with the radiator fan(s) screws backing out or strippingout altogether? This has done it twice in the last year.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ed

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Hmm, I know a couple other guys that had New Beetles that had AC clutch issues, they ended up having to change out the whole AC/Clutch assembly. Odd as it's the same part as found on the Golf/Jetta...

Good luck!
-BB