Installed Bully Dog Flashing Glow Plug Light Engine Light On! Please Help!

kartracer35

TDI
2001 GLS TDI
I just installed my bully dog module... It says to hook up a wire to the fifth or sixth wire on the mass air flow sensor harness. Mine is a 2001 TDI, it only has 4 wires in the harness. I hooked it up to a yellow and black wire on the left, car idled very rough and smoked like a chimney. Turned off car hooked up to small black wire on the right. Car ran fine has tons of power. Glow plug light began flashing and check engine light turned on. Removed Bully Dog and no change, still flashing and engine light still on. Seems to run fine! This bully dog idea may have been a really poor investment if it messes up your car. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
You are better off running nitrous oxide, The propane ignites prior to TDC thus hammering the rods, Nitrous Oxide won't combust but when fuel is injected it accelerates the burn thus permitting more fuel to be injected and burn cleaner thus more power.

Propane is a very poor method for getting extra power and does not lend itself to engine durability in the long run.

DB

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
Fifth wire is Black. Only four wires on the MAF and the fifth most highest socket on the MAF would be the black one. I have a Tuning Box and that is where mine is attached.

kartracer35

TDI
2001 GLS TDI
I think what happened is I screwed up the yellow/black wire, I taped it tightly with electrical tape and reinstalled the module. All is good but it still wont touch a Mustang GT. The tires actually burn pretty good now! Thanks for your help.

Lefty

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,Green GLS
kartracer35 said:
I think what happened is I screwed up the yellow/black wire, I taped it tightly with electrical tape and reinstalled the module. All is good but it still wont touch a Mustang GT. The tires actually burn pretty good now! Thanks for your help.
No it wont touch a Mustang. Well maybe my Ex-brother-in-laws Old 65 Mustang he had with a small 6 cylinder in it. I even beat him with a 1963 Dodge Push button automatic.