2001 Golf 2dr GL TDI 110,000 miles feeler

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Thinking about selling my Golf. Wanted to see what the offers would be.

2001 VW Golf that is the 2dr model- not easy to find a 2dr Golf. Tornado Red Located in Southern W VA

I've owned the car since 60k miles and have a list of mods done to it. The major negative is that I think the car had been wrecked since the paint on the front fenders and hood is starting to have a fade tint. And the airbag light is on - which is a common item for 2001 model year. Something about the wiring harness in the seat.

vnt17 turbo that has been ceramic coated by www.swaintech.com
3" FMIC and the intercooler pipes have been ceramic coated by HPC
pp764 injectors that were correctly installed by Greg - Lubespecialts
11mm pump
ECU tuned by rocketchip with stage 3 and stage 4 settings
2nd ECU that has a custom tune for less sprinted driving style and better MPG.
So between the 2 ECU's you have three tuning options.
.651 5th gear that was low friction coated by swaintech to squezze out even more MPG
pd130 intake that was polished then coated by HPC
largest passat TDI heat exchanger for quicker warmups and better oil temps
Fuel cooler
CAT2 fuel filter kit Installed when I bought the car at 60k to keep the fuel system extra clean
Shine racing springs The springs are not lowering springs. They keep the correct height and increase spring ratings.
Koni Yellow shocks adjustable Lifetime warrenty
Ebaich sway bars front and rear
Rieger rs4 front bumper Real rieger bumper not a cheap fiberglass knockoff
R32 real OEM rear bumper that was factory painted
5th brake light mod done with new OEM taillights Old tail lights were slightly faded
Hella Glass e-code lights with foglights with protective film
Stock 6 disc CD changer
15" stock rims with pair of snow tires with over 80% treadleft
16" ssr type C knockoff style rims with summer tires
Amsoil Oil bypass filter
timing belt tool set
complete stock injectors.
new MAF installed and a second spare new MAF
3bar Map
boost gauge
Spec stage 2 clutch
TDI sport badges
Battery relocated to the rear with a new gelcel battery
New rear dual exhaust with stainless steel tips

EDIT 090307

Now taking offers. I'd prefer to give a good deal to a tdiclub member that will value the car and be able to take care of it.

Located in Pikeville Ky

Last edited:

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Have had a few PM's - So the price will be in the mid 9k range. Which is pretty fair, IMO. With 500.00 headlights, 5th gear upgrade, Cat2 filter, Amsoil Bypass.... then the engine performance Mods and Suspension mods.

Forgot: Also has engine heater and Spec Stage 2 DMF clutch, Amsoil EAA airfilter inside a Mustang V8 Airbox.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na

Parking brake does work. But picture was taken on a West Virginia Hill side. The wood block was for double saftey.

Also the car has had the battery relocted to the rear with a brand new Gelcel battery.

mkivbren

TDI
Golf
Wow, that price seems low! What kind of fuel econ. are you getting with that hog?

Edit, saw the posted mpg's. Seems like stock wheels with low rr tires you could break 60, which is great with the mods!

Last edited:

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
42-43MPG with 16" rims with rc4 tuning. 43-49mpg with the second ECU tunings
43-44MPG with 15" snow tires

The 5th gear upgrade and 506.01 oil helps keep MPG high.

The price I think is fair. A killer value for somebody who wants a rocket.

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
That is freakin beautiful, and a great price. I usually don't prefer tornado red, but wow sexy. It's a wonder, at that price, why it hasn't gotten picked up.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
2 reasons - Its location and I've only listed on this site and vwvortex..

I've not yet found a car that I like,, and I've test drove a few. lol It's hard to test drive a gasser after driving my high torque car. TOld the wife she would have to drive to the next car I test drive.

BTW the car looks better with the typeR 16" rims.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Still for sale. $9,000

On a short roadtrip back from Ohio last week I got 710miles of tank. On a pure long distance road trip I think the car could get back into 48-49mpg range.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
03_01_TDI said:
Still for sale. $9,000

On a short roadtrip back from Ohio last week I got 710miles of tank. On a pure long distance road trip I think the car could get back into 48-49mpg range.
I think your price is great. What interior do you have, cloth or leather? OEM or from another model VW? Your car is in great shape and you paid close attention to everything during mods. Someone is going to be very satisfied with your choices and the pricing.

As for the check light or ...airbag light, in New England the car won't pass inspection if there are any codes what-so-ever. Just a heads up for those that want to register a used car and pass emissions testing.

Good Luck on the sale,
it will go fast at that price.

Last edited:

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
As for the check light or ...airbag light, in New England the car won't pass inspection if there are any codes what-so-ever. Just a heads up for those that want to register a used car and pass emissions testing
The airbag had been fixed by a dealer 3 times. A cheap fix is to wire in a diode. Does away with the airbag light. BTW thats why I don't live in those yankee states.

Yes there is paint work and my guess body work. I installed the FMIC and didn't find anything and the car has had a 4 wheel alignement and all is straight. My guess is some poor body work after a minor fender bender -- The seller didn't tell me about it and I had allready traveled to get the car. I wanted a 2dr manual car so it bought it anyways. Just want to be honest and prevent somebody from wasting there time in traveling to see my car.

Using the new vagcom software the airbag light will go away and clear out. But in about 3-5 days it comes back. I'll be up front and honest about it so if anybody buys the car the light will be out. But it might / probably will come back on. But it can be cleared out to pass any state saftey inspection.

Last edited:

Md_Dingo

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
GAAA! What an awesome looking ride! My brother is trying to get me to sell him my wagon, but this is WAY nicer. I sent him this thread. If he's smart, he'll jump all over this one!

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Wow those pictures look bad. The seats don't look that dirty. I'll move the car outside and take some pictures in the sunlight.

Also the spare stock ECU had just recieved a custom ECU tuning. The tuner wasn't able to keep the CEL off with the EGR delete.

Md_Dingo

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
Man, this ride is amazing. And what a great price! I'm going to try to schmooze my wife and see if she'll let me get a second TDI for our son. (That's him as my avatar, he's two ;) )

fuslit

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 tdi GLX (mine) 00 tdi golf (the wifes)
I to agree that this is an amazing price, I will be in the market for a new car for both myself or my wife as I just started a new job where I'll be driving over an hour each way and she drives over an hour as well.

I've run it by the wife and she seemed interested and we're in the process of re-financing our house which we might be able to fanagle some extra cash out as it's interest rate would be quite decent.

I'll keep you posted if you don't sell it by the time we finished with that. I've also sent you a pm with my contact info.

-Todd

AnJettica

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Acura MDX, 1999.5 Jetta Sedan
Time frame for pick up?

How long would you need to have it ready for pick up?
Thanks
Angelica

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Just enough time to unload the cd's from the cd changer. Then fold down the seats and put in the extra rims. If I've got more time then a wash and vacuum.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Yes, its still for sale. Two other people were/are waiting for loans and that type of paperwork.

I've swapped out the winter rims for summer rims and tires. Cleaned and put the winter rims up.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
Now taking offers :eek:

New tires, new evo skid plate with new OEM side plastic side panels.

125k now on the car. Oil filter, Amsoil bypass filter, and Elf CRV oil put in at 120k tires were installed about that time.

I think the A/C compressor went out or the Golf is mad at me :( I bought a new car today. And on the way home the A/C just stopped. Normally I'd fix this myself. But I don't have a garage so I'll just adjust the price.

The car is located in Pikeville KY and I am willing to help with shipping, storage, or pickup at airport. This isn't the first car I've bought or sold long distance.:)

The pictures don't show the 16" rims. The rims complete the look of the car.

03_01_TDI

Banned
TDI
Na
On a recent trip to GA 440 miles. I drove at or below the speed limits and got 49.9 mpg. Would have been 50 but I got stuck in Atl traffic before I could find a good fuel station.

Normally get 45-47mpg on the Hwy and 43-45 city.