www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > General VW Discussion

General VW Discussion This is a place for General VW topics (the company, not your vehicle). General topics about a specific vehicle should be posted in the General TDI Dicussion Forum sections for that vehicle platform. A4, A3 & B4, B5, etc.

Old April 13th, 2018, 14:35   #1
Old Vdubs

Fuel Economy: 55-65 MPG (imp) winter to summer
Default New to TDI Forum

I signed up a long time ago but this is my first post. About twenty years ago I bought a Diesel Rabbit on a whim for $300. When I started driving it, I was astounded by the fuel economy, 50MPG (about 40 MPG U.S.) in the city! I was hooked and have owned 6 diesel VW's since. My current cars are a 99 Jetta TDI and a 2004 Jetta TDI PD. The 99 is my major fuel miser getting mid60's in the summer (record 67) and mid 50's in the winter.
I look forward to talking to you good people.

Randy
Old Vdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2018, 15:40   #2
~TDIguy~

Fuel Economy: Good nuf for me!

Welcome here Randy! Lots of info available on this sight that's for sure! Always glad for more TDI lovers! BTW nice ride In the profile pic, looks about identical to my present Mk4....
~TDIguy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 11:00   #3
Old Vdubs

Fuel Economy: 55-65 MPG (imp) winter to summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TDIguy~ View Post
Welcome here Randy! Lots of info available on this sight that's for sure! Always glad for more TDI lovers! BTW nice ride In the profile pic, looks about identical to my present Mk4....
Thanks for the warm welcome. The car in the avatar is the 2004 (as you probably figured out) which is currently the summer car. The winter cars eventually rot away and the summer cars take over. I have never worn out a Vw diesel engine. My 86 Golf got so bad that the drivers seat was dropping out the floor (that engine went into my 92 Golf).
Old Vdubs is offline   Reply With Quote