VCDS Mobile work with Dash Commander iPhone app?

Beaulanier

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDi 1Z T3 Bus
Just got my VCDS Mobile. Im a new user. Learning.

Being able to see VCDS and data log on my iphone is pretty awesome.

But its hard to read like 'gauges'.

Is there any way to get the Wifi Dongle to work with my Dash Commander app, to see some engine data in a gauge-like readable format while driving?

VCDS 'browser' works on my iphone, picking up the dongle just fine. But Dash Commander doesnt connect. Says OBD-II interface not found.

Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Dash commander is looking for a generic bluetooth ODBII adapter. The HEX-NET interface is a wi-fi interface (for the Windows program VCDS) or it has a built-in VCDS-Mobile app with a mini web server. These are not compatible interfaces and only the person who wrote Dash Commander could fix this problem. I seriously doubt that even he/she could fix it without considerable assistance from Ross-Tech. What you ask is simply not what the HEX-NET interface was designed to do. You can change interfaces and switch back and forth between DC and VCDS-Mobile but you can't do both at once. One is bluetooth and the other is wi-fi.

Have Fun!

Don

Beaulanier

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDi 1Z T3 Bus
https://www.palmerperformance.com/download/docs/DashCommand_WiFi_Setup_Guide.pdf

Dash Commander works with wifi dongles.

Not sure i understand correctly, but not trying to run VCDS and DC at the same time, just use the wifi signal broadcast by the Ross Tech dongle to use the Dash Commander app.

EDIT: Ross Tech forum tech says not supported. No worries.

As I posted here: http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...mmander-iPhone-app&p=26953&posted=1#post26953

"I am trying to have a way to use my iphone mounted on my windshield holder to view gauge-like important info that I can see and interpret easily while driving at a glance.

I will be doing a full custom gauge and cluster setup on my T3 bus at some point, and then I can use proper gauges.

For now I just need to watch

Boost
IAT
Water Temp
Load

What are the block codes for those (I know boost can be seen on 011)?

Can I get the software to show me atmosphere corrected psi, as a boost gauge would?

Any tips to set up the VCDS mobile to view those things in the best way would be helpful."

BTW, I am in Vegas a few days climbing. Nice place.

Last edited:

bgcarter1

TDI
07 DSG Jetta, 06 Manual Jetta both sold Now Touareg V6 TDI
Just pay $10 (at most) and buy a dongle that works with dash command, thats what i did...

Beaulanier

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDi 1Z T3 Bus
I have a $20 wifi dongle. It neither connects to windows full paid dashcommander nor iPhone app.

My T3 bus has a 99 Passat ECU and 97 Golf 1Z TDI. Gauges are stock old school.

My Ross Tech Dongle works, my other won't connect, but DOES connect to my buddies iPhone dashcommander in his T3 w 1Z TDI but earlier ECU.

No idea why my setup won't connect.

bgcarter1

TDI
07 DSG Jetta, 06 Manual Jetta both sold Now Touareg V6 TDI
Mine is a $8 obd2 bluetooth and works great on my mkv, using dash command and torque...

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)

Beaulanier

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDi 1Z T3 Bus
Took a look at that post by Andy in the Ross Tech Forum. He says gauge functionality is built into vcds mobile....but I can't find any tutorial on how to set it up or how it works. Anyone know?