2003 Golf ALH will need work $1300 West Bradford PA

BruBou

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
2003 Golf ALH will need work $1300 OBO - West Bradford PA

After having this car for many, many miles, I went to start it up this week and there is a noise (knock/clack) coming from the engine. Instead of working on it and fixing it, I'm going to get something different. I bought this car off a forum member, so I only felt it right to offer it on the forum first before it goes to CL. You know, keep it in the "family" so to speak. I've always been a lurker type member, using the forum for educational purposes while I racked up the miles. So thank you all for your help! It's been a great car, lot's of torque and it moves... moved :( I think it's time for a change.
It is red and I think it is a GLS version? It has heated seats, Koni Reds, poly bushings up front w/TT control arm bushings. The car sits with 263459 miles, a RocketChip 3 tune with Sprint 520 nozzles. A few years back I replaced the DMF and clutch, now it has a balanced SMF with an upgraded pressure plate (forgot which brand, looking for receipt) and clutch. The timing belt/tensioner/water pump/engine and transmission mounts/camshaft and hydraulic lifters were replaced at 233362 miles. Last year I replace the downpipe.
I have a binder with service invoices and receipts from previous owners and myself, that go all the way back to 2005. I am currently looking through my records for a few missing receipts.
I changed the oil regularly and bought the majority of my parts from IDParts.
I focused on the mechanicals, so the cosmetics are less than ideal (photos show the worst).
I would recommend bringing a trailer, as I don't think driving it right now would have a good outcome.

Last edited: