Golf Mk7 Fuel Opening

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
I know that the Golf Mk7’s fuel opening is made so gasoline nozzles won’t fit. But will it take both the narrower car style diesel nozzle and the wider truck nozzle? Sometimes the latter is the only one available.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Nope. Only the car style nozzle. VW (and we) sell a funnel so you can use a truck nozzle if needed.

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks. Sounds like an essential piece of gear. Car size nozzles are definitely not at many stations.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Agreed, its tough staying away from the truck stops.

Of all the stations I've traveled to, if one pump has a large nozzle the other doesn't and I just have to move the car.

Not sure if you have Irvings as much as we have them here but I've never been let down with them, knock on wood. Support your local refiner!

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Often there are only truck size nozzles, even at normal service stations.

I prefer Irving fuel. The company is Canada-based btw. Do they refine in Revere?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Huh, I never have any trouble finding the smaller nozzles. Even when I travel down to Texas each winter and fuel up at truck stops, they always seem to have at least one of the smaller nozzles. The only time I chose to use a big nozzle was when a car was blocking the small one and I didn't feel like waiting for them to move.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I've only run into one station with the big nozzle this year, and that was at a Mobil in Swanton, VT right before we crossed into Canada. As I'm getting out, the lady inside had already made her way out to point me toward the regular pumps, which had car sized diesel nozzles on each end.

The only time I couldn't fill was when I stopped at a station right here in Delaware that had a gas-size nozzle on their diesel pump.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
I've driven my 2015 Golf from NC to Kansas and never had a problem finding autodiesel pumps. Very shortly after purchasing the car, we did acquire a truck nozzle adapter, but we have used it only once in the 36,000 miles we have had the car.

OTOH - that is one of the BEST things about an ALH ( my NB) - I can take any nozzle anywhere.