Looking for $6000-$8000 2017 Passat discount

Gary Barnhill

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE SR & Nav
Sometime back it was reported on this thread that a new Passat could be bought for $8,000 discount.

I can't find that post.

Anyone know of deep discounts on 2017 Passats.

I'm in Orange Co. CA

If you don't want to go public; email: garybarnhill@gmail.com

While I understand dealers can't link buy-back to new car sale; nonetheless; I have a cherry 2013 Passat SE with 25,000 mi and backup camera installed. Some dealer could make some bucks off that car.

Last edited:

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
there are no 2017 TDI's, but there are some "new" 2015's still available

Gary Barnhill

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE SR & Nav
Thanks, I realize there are no 2017 TDIs. More's the pity at the Brits say.

Love the Passat, so I'm looking for big discount on 2017 Passat gasser.

Someone a while back mentioned discounts as high as $7000 or $8000 for 2017 Passat gas versions.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Walk into the dealer and demand 7-8K off that car, point to the one you want, when the baulk at you, give them your number and have them get in touch when they want to sell cars.

Bounce any price off truecar, and know that you can get slightly better than that.

I believe VW is offering 1K off as a rebate for '17 models, anything more off of that would eat into their cut.

They will most likely reach out to you at the end of the month. You may not get 7-8K off MSRP but should be pretty darned close, also be aware of "out the door price" filing fees, doc fees, processing fees can get slid back on real fast.

One thing that may be against you is the Tenn plant was pumping out the Atlas to fill the lots, not sure if the production numbers of the Passat tanked and thus they may not have gobs of left overs on the lots.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
The best prices seem to come from dealers in the Virginia/Maryland area. If you are willing to fly and drive or ship a car you might get the best deal that way. Whenever I am window shopping new VW's dealers in that area have the best advertised prices by far. Though maybe they are playing games with fees on the back end.

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
The best prices seem to come from dealers in the Virginia/Maryland area. If you are willing to fly and drive or ship a car you might get the best deal that way. Whenever I am window shopping new VW's dealers in that area have the best advertised prices by far. Though maybe they are playing games with fees on the back end.
If you call them to inquire, those are fake prices. They total every available discount humanly possible and list that as their internet price.

I forget all the details of the ridiculous discounts now... but if your a student, in military, have Alzheimers, lost an eye from a fight with a pig, and went skydiving in Germany, you could get that price.

After I discuss what discounts I can actually get, it's marginally cheaper than what I can get it for around home. I.e. not with the plane ticket and other headaches.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Yeah, I assumed that there was some bait and switch. But I've also read about people traveling there and getting some pretty great deals on other forums. It might depend on how your local dealers are. If they are willing to deal then it wouldn't be worth it.