EDC-15 VNT Turbo Control Question

DangerBoy

TDI
2010 BMW X5 35d, 1997 A6 Wagon AEL 2.5L TDI quattro 01E Six Speed Manual (Salvaged 2018)
Hello everyone!

I'm in the middle of putting a Euro AEL TDI in my '97 C4 A6 Quattro. I've picked up a servo controlled VNT turbo (GT2260V off the 2.7L OM647 Mercedes Sprinter) and I want to control it via my EDC15 which was pulled from a Euro Spec T4 Van that had the vac controlled VNT with the AEL TDI engine.

From my research I've read that the open loop nature of the servo controlled VNT used on my MB turbo allows it to take almost the same PWM signal as the N75 valve that was in place for the vac controlled VNT. Is there anyone that can recommend someone that knows how to gain access to the appropriate maps from the MB ECU and place them in the VW ECU so the turbo will spool properly? I started trying to learn all the aspects of ECU tuning but knowing that will wind up being a major time investment for the level of tune I'm going for, I figured I would seek skilled help instead.

I'm not looking to increase my power much over the 140HP it has now, I just want to help the low RPM spool that was an issue on my stock A6 AEL Wastegate Turbo.

Any suggestions?

ej666

TDI
A6C4Q 2,5 ael hybrid GT2060V
also have this problem, repin ecu msa11 ti edc15vm+

signal to wire egr valve solder to edc at signal n75, have control to n75, but not anogh vacum on magistral, help me for some ideas...

vacum pomp fresh, at brake vacum good

sory for my bad english

Michael1

TDI
MkVI, Mark 4, A4
It's easy to get more power out of a turbo diesel engine for a few reasons. An engine is basically an air pump and the turbos on all modern diesel cars can increase the efficiency of this pump over OEM levels. For more details on turbocharging systems and exhausts for turbos, please read: 1000q: turbocharging. A diesel engine can also run well in a wider range of air/fuel ratio (AF) compared to a gasoline engine. A gasoline engine must stay in a small AF range to run well but by adding a little more fuel to your diesel engine it can safely get more power and still run well. Lastly, diesel engines are all computer controlled so a simple chip tune can increase power significantly without even getting your hands dirty!

cruiserboy

TDI
´97 Golf MK3 TDI AFN
If you use MSA11 ECU, you can’t control VNT turbo to my knowledge. If you have either MSA15 or EDC15V you can copy and paste pre-control and PID maps from Sprinter file to your AEL by connecting the N75 wires to your servo if PWM-based; it should be a rather good first trial but same turbo on two different engines will behave quite differently so I would recommend a tune for your particular application by a good tuner. (And PID is highly linked with engine behavior but also mostly to air loop layout so specific again)