nice road to drive

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
this should be a sticky if someone will oblige.

i drove ind 44 from i-65 to ind 37 the other day. :) the road ends north of bloomington. all i can say is it is like the nurburgring in america. i suggest you get some good pace notes because you can definately "get air" if you get the hills just right. this road made my straight truck, all 9 tons of it, light at or below the legal limit.:eek: :)

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
saw another one today

i was eastbound on 30 from van wert. i looked south from the road and saw a tight little s and some elevation change. it was one mile west of fifth ave. the hwy goes over this road so so will have to consult a county maop to access it.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
one more, this time ohio

took 422 east to 700 north. then turned right on tavern rd and a quick left on gingerich. look in a 6 wheel truck it was a blast. especially in the dark with bad ligts.

hey is the food any good in that 19th century restaurant. can't remember the name. knew this would happen. "something" inn on 422 east of 700.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
saw another what?

Jack_Berry said:
i was eastbound on 30 from van wert. i looked south from the road and saw a tight little s and some elevation change. it was one mile west of fifth ave. the hwy goes over this road so so will have to consult a county maop to access it.
jack, do you really think this information you are passing along to yourself is worthy of being a sticky in the entire midwest area of the US? :confused: i live in the midwest, but have no idea what the point of this post (or thread) is, let alone where "van wert" is - is it a road even? :eek: in case you didn't realize, there are many other roads in the midwest that have s-curves and slight elevation changes. nothing to get excited about! (if that's what you mean by a "tight little s" - if not, could you enlighten us?)

perhaps you can check out http://maps.google.com to help you out. it might even help you find information on that restaurant you are inquiring about.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
burpod said:
i live in the midwest, but have no idea what the point of this post (or thread) is, let alone where "van wert" is - is it a road even?
Van Wert is a town in NW Ohio on US 30 - would've helped if the name was capitalized and state was given. I think this Jack_Berry is a truck driver and pointing out what he thinks is a "cool" road to wring out a TDI on far as curves go. I agree with you that it is pointless to make this kind of thing a sticky since I can name many roads that are fun to drive whether they are local to me, in the midwest or elsewhere. I just hope Mr. Berry does not continue to keep posting this kind of stuff here especially since he is not giving complete information on same. JM2C here.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
burpod and coolwht, silly me thinking i could s-h-a-r-e and thinking others would s-h-a-r-e their good road driving info. this is not a me only thread. is that what you think?

as for a sticky, i thought of the g-r-o-u-p could mention places to drive when out touring or on vacation.

the first location is pretty self explanatory. the second was as i was going by on the fly at speed so you may discount that.
422 is east of cleveland ohio off 280 i think. i don't have th atlas with me right now.

once again silly me thinking anyone would share their nice roads information.

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i will continue this.

made a delivery to valley city ohio. had to travel on marks road between hamilton rd and grafton rd. what a nice roller coaster! got the 10 ton truck up on the suspension over a couple hills. imagine what a tdi could do. if i

btw guys i posted the first road some other place and got the reply that it is much more fun in a pacifica than i could ever imagine and that the alternate truck route is even curvier.

Last edited: