help cant seem to understand this car

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Hello Everyone

I have a 2001 jetta auto, k&N de-screen, and chipped

Yesterday after about 20 min of driving, I raced a civic, off the line my car was a SNAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pickup was horrible!!!!!

This moring the car was a bit better but still it was not as good as before!!!

What could it be?
The car acts weird sometimes it bites so hard off the line and yesterday the car acted like a turtle!!!!!

Thanks

Sher

M

mickey

Need details! What chip? When? Any other mods? MAF ever been cleaned? Etc.

-mickey

Sher

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Its an upsolute Chip (about 3 months ago), 22000 km on car running dealer oil, esso diesel. Never cleaned the MAF. All kms are pretty well hwy.

Im still puzzled?

Thanks

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I don't usually recommend cleaning the MAF, but it sounds like it could be dirty. It almost sounds as if your car is drifting in and out of limp mode (which doesn't happen).

Do you have VAG-COM or VW TOOL? Those are really helpful for diagnosing problems.

-Lawson

------------------
Almighty God of Annoying Things, P.A.R. and P.R.I.C.
------------------
Über-Beetle: UPsoluted ) 2000 Yellow New Beetle 1.9 TDI 5-speed with Piper-X cone
1987 Diamond Blue Mercedes-Benz 190D 2.5 Turbo (sold, but considering re-purchase)
------------------
TDIclub Chat Room

valois

Banned
Several things that could be affecting power, the MAF could be dirty, but I would look at your OEM filter first, then look at your fuel filter, and finally look at the inter cooler pipes and connections for a leak, most likely this would be highlighted by oil near and around the leaking junction. Good luck!