2012 BUG*PWR Award Nominations - Nominations extended to Aug. 19

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yes it is that time again. Each year at TDIFest the BUG*PWR award is given to an individual who has done a lot of work for various people in the club and was always willing to help others without payment. It is in memory of a member named BUG*PWR who did a lot of work for others and was always jumping in to assist others.
I am looking for someone who has given a lot to the TDIClub community, goes out of their way to help others, and is not in it for any profit. If you would like to nominate someone, please email me a little bit about the person and what they have done for the club by August 10th. I will take the suggestions and make the announcement of this years winner at TDIFest 2012.

Past winners:
2000 Wilmington, NC: Velvetfoot
2001 Park City, Ut: Drivebiwire
2002 Grand Rapids, Mi: Gofaster
2003 Toronto, Canada: Tongsli
2004 Boston, Ma: Gwilli
2005 Lake Mills, WI: PeterV
2006 Philadelphia, PA: Tomo366
2007 Montreal, Canada: Lug_Nut
2008 Mason, OH: Hamsterdiesel
2009: Washington, DC: DanG144
2010: Portland, OR: WINGNUT
2011: Lexington, KY: Zippy_car
2012: Ypsilanti, MI: TBD

Please send nominations directly to fred@tdiclub.com

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
My two cents is: There are so many other deserving members that there isn't need to ask that question.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the deadline. I've received a number of submissions, but the more the merrier and if people are nominated multiple times then that's great too. As for re nominating existing winners, there are enough deserving members out there so we need not do that.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Due to some email problems I had on my side on the due date (spam filters nuked about 16 hrs of emails) last Friday, as well as having requested a little more detail from some of the current submissions, I have extended the deadline to August 19th, 2012. If you did not get a confirmation email regarding your submission, please send me a note and if you've been sitting on the fence about submitting a nomination, please get it in. There is no issue with multiple submissions for the same people and we know there are many deserving members out there.

Fred

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Just a reminder the submission deadline is quickly coming to a close. The more nominations the better. There is no problem if multiple people nominate the same person to so don't be shy.:)