BUG*PWR Award Nominations

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yes it is that time again. Each year at TDIFest the BUG*PWR award is given to an individual who has done a lot of work for various people in the club and was always willing to help others without payment. It is in memory of a member named BUG*PWR who did a lot of work for others and was always jumping in to assist others.

I am looking for someone who has given a lot to the TDIClub community, goes out of their way to help others, and is not in it for any profit. If you would like to nominate someone, please email me a little bit about the person and what they have done for the club by July 31, 2010. I will take the suggestions and make the announcement of this years winner at TDIFest 2010.

Past winners:
2000 Wilmington, NC: Velvetfoot
2001 Park City, Ut: Drivebiwire
2002 Grand Rapids, Mi: Gofaster
2003 Toronto, Canada: Tongsli
2004 Boston, Ma: Gwilli
2005 Lake Mills, WI: PeterV
2006 Philadelphia, PA: Tomo366
2007 Montreal, Canada: Lug_Nut
2008 Mason, OH: Hamsterdiesel
2009: Washington, DC: DanG144
2010: Portland, OR: TBD

Please send nominations directly to fred@tdiclub.com

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
This truly is a great award for some very special people who give their all to this community. Those who have won it in the past... I commend you, we all do.

To those who are nominated, we thank you for your hard work and efforts. And we wish you the best of luck. :D

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Wow. I must say this is quite unexpected. I didn't even know I was nominated. So thanks to anyone who did nominate me.

To be honest, I really haven't been a big presense in the forums (outside of the Ontario section) for the last few years, so I thought I was flying under the radar. I haven't even written a 'how to' for a long time either, which is something that I thought might have gotten me nominated a few years ago, but certainly not now, so this truly does come as a big surprise.

Thanks again everyone.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
To be honest, I really haven't been a big presense in the forums (outside of the Ontario section) for the last few years, so I thought I was flying under the radar. I haven't even written a 'how to' for a long time either, which is something that I thought might have gotten me nominated a few years ago, but certainly not now, so this truly does come as a big surprise.

Thanks again everyone.
Perhaps you could think of it as a "lifetime achievement award":rolleyes:

Congrats

Don

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Thanks everyone. I am truly humbled by this recognition and will proudly display my new hardware on my office desk. I just got it from Joel (MrVermin) who was nice enough to drive it all the way from Portland for me. Here is a quick pic I snapped:

I hope that TDI Fest 2011 is close enough that I will be able to attend to be able to present the award to the 2011 recipient.

Thanks again.

Last edited: