Washington DC area dealers

kermit0352

TDI
2004 Silver Jetta Wagon GLS
Any recommendations for the DC area? Looking at Stohlman, Congressional, darcars, Ourisman, Koons, and Bill Britt. So far $23k (Stohlman) for a 04 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI, auto and leather, is the best I've gotten, $24,500 is the worst (Koons). More interested in dealing with a reputable company than in saving the most money.

Kermit

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
To buy or to service?

Since I used internet buying, it didn't matter. And wouldn't matter if I was doing it again.

Farrish in Manassas was the only dealer that gave me problems. Sort of a bait and switch thing. I ended up buying from Alexandria. At the time, Britt had the largest selection.

kermit0352

TDI
2004 Silver Jetta Wagon GLS
purchase...i did most of it via internet but the dealers are pretty stupid and it takes a while to get all the details identical from place to place. at this point i'm happy just to find someone who knows what a tdi is.

Luv My 02 TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MK5(2010) and MK6(2015)
Im currently sitting in VW Springfield for a VA Safety Inspection Sticker... I bought my Jetta here...

They have a large place. Free internet while you wait.

Have not had the feeling that I got $crewed, after I left at any time.

Alexandria VW is also good but VERY SMALL. OLD building little to NO parking. But over all good service.. I go to them if I can't be seen in Springfield.

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
[ QUOTE ]
Any recommendations for the DC area? Looking at Stohlman, Congressional, darcars, Ourisman, Koons, and Bill Britt. So far $23k (Stohlman) for a 04 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI, auto and leather, is the best I've gotten, $24,500 is the worst (Koons). More interested in dealing with a reputable company than in saving the most money.

Kermit

[/ QUOTE ]

I have bought two (2) Jetta's from Bill Britt and was completely satisfied with the experience. Service has been great with only one bad experience (service tech forgot to put the oil filler cap back on following an oil change).

Overall, I would recommend them and if you call Bill Britt, ask for John Batt.

Sample inventory:

Wagon 1

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
Fitzgerald in Annapolis or Frederick is another option. I just got mine from them last Saturday. If you call them, ask for Tom Asher (Annapolis store). They advertise their lowest price from the start, and they will usually through in something like floormats as well. These things are getting hard to come by though...so you may be forced to go with somebody that has one on the let and is ready to deal. They are selling themselves, many dealers in the area didn't even bother returning my email or phone calls.

kregars

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2000
I remember my father taking his Rabbit (1976 MY) there when we got back from Germany to have some work done (bring it back to US spec) and they were great in 1982, however, that was the last 'good' experience he had with the VW of Alexandria, however, after that he started using the VW of Springfield and actually enjoyed (no joke) taking his car there to be worked on, they used to be knowledgable, and friendly, but that was years ago...things change, but I have a friend who picked up a Golf TDI there not long ago and also enjoys taking it there for service....wish we had a dealer that actually cared about us up here in SE PA region....best one I have heard anything about is over an hour away in NJ (from a co-worker that drives a Golf 1.8T) and he raves about their ability to get issues fixed in 1 trip (sun roof leaking, door seals, doors misaligned on delivery that the puchasing dealer was unable to resolve, etc).

In any case...good luck, and let us know your choice for your service/puchase of your vehicle.

Marit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle
I love Marten's in DC on Wisconsin Ave. I haven't had any need for "real" service yet <knocking frantically on wood> but what little they've done for me has been done quickly and well.

My sales guy was great, not pushy at all, and very upfront about pricing and what options were worth the money. The finance people gave me a great rate and didn't try and play games with my money.

If you go there, tell them I sent you! I want another free tank of diesel /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
[ QUOTE ]

Kermit

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought my '04 at Martens in DC because they matched my lowest (internet) offer and were unloading the car I wanted off of the trailer when I called. The sales person was VERY nice and did not push any extras on me at all. The entire transaction took less than 2 hours-Very pleasant experience. I can find out who it was if you would like to know. But then again, my Jetta will NEVER see the insides of a repair shop unless its a warranty or recall issue, so dealer service is not a big issue w/ me. But I DID call Stohlmans in Nov. 2003 and asked them to beat my lowest quote (about $400 over invoice) and the sales person said, "We will not match that, we get MSRP on every TDI we sell and sell every one we get quickly" so needless to say I did not buy at Stohlmans. I do get my VW 505.01 oil there since its 3 miles from my work and its $7.65 a liter. OEM (MANN and Bosch) Filters I get mail order for about 1/3 of dealer prices from germanimports.com.

DO NOT BUY from Fairfax Imports (Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA) since they were bought by the Rosenthal Dealer Group. Rosenthal has been busted numerous times for deceptive ripping off of customers. Rosenthal does not display their name ANYWHERE at that dealer because if this I think. 20-20 did a sting on them once.

At Springfield VW (Backlick Rd) I got an sales manager that basically tried to keep me from leaving the dealer and kept saying, "If we do not deal today, we do not deal at all" We got into a screaming match and I had to push past him to leave the dealer. I later got a phone call from Springfield VW asking how my shopping experience was and they got an ear full. The person on the phone knew exactlly the salesman I was referring to. Avoid them too. I think they may go by Kay Jennings Springfield VW.

Mother bought her 2000 Jetta TDI from Congressional in Rockvile, MD new and was happy with them.

--Nate

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Call Wayne Barr at Miller VW in Winchester, VA. Tell him Rich Kinkead sent you and you'll get a good deal. (540) 869-5000

okimavich

Veteran Member
TDI
`16 Audi A6
A coworker just bought his Jetta GLS TDI at Fitzgerald in Frederick for $19100 plus tax/tags. He printed the price off of their website and brought it in.

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT BUY from Fairfax Imports (Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tend to agree, since that's where I bought my car. Basically, the dealer wouldn't budge from MSRP. I didn't have much of a choice, since at the time they were the only one with an auto TDI wagon, and I was without a car. Yes, I was probably ripped a little bit, but I still love my car. I just don't think I'll do business with them again.

As others have said, I've heard good things about Springfield and Alexandria.

Jason