Winter Wheels

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I know, first day of Spring! Does anyone have suggestions for 18" winter wheels for a 2015 Passat. I guess I could get a crappy set of OEM alum. wheels, are there any steel wheels (steel spare tire wheels work?), open to other options....I have some time...LOL

I say 18" because I do have plans in the future to swap to bigger brakes. That, I would have to investigate minimum wheel sizes of course....just trying to plan ahead.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
OEM jetta 16" fit with OEM calipers, that's what I use so maybe the 17" found on the SE trim level would work with your upgraded calipers? 17's are a lot cheaper than 18" tires and ride a bit nicer on rough winter roads :D

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
OEM jetta 16" fit with OEM calipers, that's what I use so maybe the 17" found on the SE trim level would work with your upgraded calipers? 17's are a lot cheaper than 18" tires and ride a bit nicer on rough winter roads :D
My wife's 2012 Passat gasser has 16" steelies that JUST clear the calipers. The clearance is so minimal that the last time I installed them I had to loosen the calipers and push them in about .5mm and retighten to stop them from rubbing. It's that tight. I kept the 17" stock VW rims off my 2013 that went to buyback with a set of older passat wheels I got for $90, and those will get fresh snows next season (or after depending on how long I decide to procrastinate).

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG

I have my OEM 16"ers with snow on them now from my 06 Jetta (looking to buy a 2015 Passat so will update sig then).
Right now my Jetta has nice 17" wheels and 235/45/17 tires...seriously contemplating putting the snows on for trade in and keeping the 17" for snows (although, IIRC they are 17x 7.5) as I don't plan to get crap for a rusty '06 w/260K on the clock....tune/turbo/clutch upgrades mean squat at trade in.

Hmm?

The 17's could take like a 215/55/17..........

Last edited: