Feeler/FS: 2013 VW Golf TDI 6sp Tech Package - $24,000 :: VA

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
You do realize that you can buy a brand new 2015 Gold TDi for practicly the exact same price you are asking for your 2013 with 18,XXX miles? I bring this up, not to be a jerk, but just to make mention you might have more interest and a better chance of selling it if you bring your price down.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
You do realize that you can buy a brand new 2015 Gold TDi for practicly the exact same price you are asking for your 2013 with 18,XXX miles?
Yes and no: You can get a 2015 base model Golf TDI, with 0 options, for about the same price. This is not a base model; it is a fully loaded model.

His price is right on par with used car private party pricing. He could get almost what he is asking even if he traded it in.

Good luck with your sale OP; the car is gorgeous ;)

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Yes and no: You can get a 2015 base model Golf TDI, with 0 options, for about the same price. This is not a base model; it is a fully loaded model.

His price is right on par with used car private party pricing. He could get almost what he is asking even if he traded it in.

Good luck with your sale OP; the car is gorgeous ;)
Kelly Blue book is calling his car worth about $1k less than he is asking for private seller, and my dealer gave me a quote yesterday on an 2015 Golf TDi SE (mid model, some options) for $23,XXX, so give or take around there.

Agree it is a beautiful car! Good luck with the sale also.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
KBB/Edmunds depends on your location and the condition; his car is nearly immaculate, and when I put it in Edmunds with his location and his mileage, it had a private party price of $22,600.

If your dealer offered you a brand new SE at anything under $25K; you ought to have bought it already; that's ~2 grand under dealer cost... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=420297 ;)

OP; sorry for the derailment; I'll quite posting now :D

Last edited:

35mphgolf

TDI
2013 Golf R
Hah thanks for the bumps :D

I do realize a base model MK7 TDI is selling for near the same price as what I'm asking for. But you really can't compare a torsion beam hencho in mexico fender loud audio v-tec leatherette seats MK7 TDI to a quality fully loaded MK6 TDI ;) The equivalent model is selling for high 20s, low 30s (Autotrader).

Some people want new and that's totally fine and I understand that - some people want quality and used, I also understand that. The latter is my target audience.

If the MK7 was independent rear suspension with Dynaudio and either quality cloth or real leather then I would totally agree with you, but it's not. And honestly, KBB or any other pricing site can't keep up with cars that sell to a niche market anyway. It's designed more for the main stream Nissan Altima crowd. When was the last time you saw a well-maintained low mileage e46 BMW M3 sell for $14k-$16k? Never, but KBB seems to think that is their value. Value is whatever somebody is willing to pay... and I do believe $22,500 is a fair price for what I'm selling.

Thanks again for the sincerity and trying to help, I do appreciate it!

Last edited:

CALL911

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
If your dealer offered you a brand new SE at anything under $25K; you ought to have bought it already; that's ~2 grand under dealer cost... http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=420297 ;)

OP; sorry for the derailment; I'll quite posting now :D
Yeah, its Vordermans in fort Wayne Indiana for anyone interested. It was not the base model but a 6-speed with some options, and yes it was a 2015 Golf TDi. I'm not in the market yet (but am looking and getting pricing). So, even though I won't buy that one, somone else could take advantage of it.

You are correct on the location, I did not put in his specific for that, and I know that does make a difference.

To the OP, no problem. I really did mean all of it to help you move/sell the car since it seems you had no one posting on it. It is a nice used car, and hopefully it sells quick for you.

Last edited:

ThumperTheRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Virgin White, Diesel Wabbit (SOLD in 2006)...
Very nice golf! I am in the market for a new golf but I haven't made up my mind if I want to get a Mk.7 or Mk.6 yet... I know whatever I get HAS TO HAVE manual transmission, LED/HID headlights, and 4 doors... I prefer white or silver but color isn't a deal breaker. My big trouble is that I'd have to sell both of my cars before I could pull the trigger on a purchase :-(...

Good luck with the sale! It's a beautiful car!

35mphgolf

TDI
2013 Golf R
Thank you!

Make sure you test drive BOTH cars! I think the MK7 is an overall step down in quality. Both are still nice though! Good luck on your purchase!

ThumperTheRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
Wish I could come up and check this out in person... I've driven the 2015 but not anything newer... I'd also love to see your R as well

ThumperTheRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
I was really hoping to get this from you... Man it sucks, but I don't think I'm going to be able to beat the other person to the purchase...

35mphgolf

TDI
2013 Golf R
ThumperTheRabbit said:
Nooooooo!
I was really hoping to get this from you... Man it sucks, but I don't think I'm going to be able to beat the other person to the purchase...
hahaha sorry :( I would have rather sold it to an enthusiast like you. This is going to an older lady who, while she appreciates the driving dynamics of the car, doesn't get the extras that I put into it. Or the Dynaudio. Or the RNS-315.

*sigh*

Sorry I couldn't wait any longer - I would've had to make another payment on it, and that's money I'd rather put somewhere else.

ThumperTheRabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
hahaha sorry :( I would have rather sold it to an enthusiast like you. This is going to an older lady who, while she appreciates the driving dynamics of the car, doesn't get the extras that I put into it. Or the Dynaudio. Or the RNS-315.
*sigh*
Sorry I couldn't wait any longer - I would've had to make another payment on it, and that's money I'd rather put somewhere else.
But... BUT... Can't you tell her to get any of the other "Plain" Golf TDI's on Autotrader?! She is getting a car that she just won't appreciate... Your car has EVERYTHING (except for not being White) that I want out of a diesel Golf...