F/S: 2009 VW TDI 6spd 76k - $11,500 North of Boston

MattGoose

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
This is my first post here, but I've been reading and learning on this site for years. I bought my TDI largely based on the input and postings of readers here. I really hate to sell her, but she really must go.

'09 Jetta TDI 6spd manual with 76K miles for sale. I have an offer from the dealership but I think I can do better privately and get someone here a good deal on a solid car. I'll entertain all serious offers that beat the dealership by enough money to make the hassle worth it.

The Good:
-Majority of the miles were on Rt. 93 between Boston and Andover for work.
-I am the only owner and purchased directly from Mattie VW in 2009.
-All factory recalls have been completed
-All scheduled maintenance was performed at the dealership or KMH Motors in Lowell, MA. I'll confirm, but I believe I have all the paperwork.
-The driver's rear door lock was replaced about a year ago at KMH Motors.
-She's been great luck for me - I've gotten engaged and married, got a dog, bought a house and had my first child since I got her in 2009.

The Bad:
-Right parking light is out. This is a two dollar light, but a pain to replace. Left one replaced at KHM during scheduled maintenance for ~$20 at the 50K mile service. Have spare light.
-1" tear in driver side seat. Tear was present when I took delivery of the car, but I missed it on my inspection. Tear has never grown or been an issue.
-3 of 4 hubcap covers missing. Not sure if stolen or just fell off. Replacement set ~$20.
-Very small crease in metallic looking grey cover at front of car. Replacement part is $50 on RockAuto and would take an hour or two to install.
-Parking lot accident in Feb '14. Minor damage to the rear bumper which was replaced and painted at Auto Body Clinic in Reading, Ma. No damage to frame or chassis.
-There are a couple of minor dents and dings consistent with a 75k mile car.

The Ugly:
-Intermittent check engine light over the past week or two - currently on: diagnosed as intake manifold. Replacement manifold is ~$450 and ~$250 in labor was quoted by KMH Motors.
-Driver side door sill rust. Rust is largely superficial and a couple of quarter sized spots. No holes or craters. Quoted repair cost of $330.

There are 4 pictures available on the Craiglist ad: http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/4629846494.html

If you're serious and want more pictures I'll take them and send tonight. Curious if there is interest, otherwise will plan on selling straight to dealer. Craigslist ad will send me an email direct, mention you saw it here.

surfponto

TDI
2013 Golf TDI
Hi Matt,
Give it time. You only posted yesterday.
Your price is fair but maybe do the manifold work and then post it?
My two cents
Bob

Last edited: