TDI Resale Inspection

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Anyone have any idea what was inspected/replaced on cars resold after they were turned in? I tried searching around for it but to no avail.

I'm building a case against my VW dealer and they are less than forth coming about it.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Is the vehicle CPO from VW? If so, there is a checklist they should have given you at purchase showing what items were inspected and the results from the inspection. What issues are you having?

mrctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf and 2013 Passat
Dang that stinks. I just got one and would like to know also but not sure something like that would be available. If available I would be hesitant to believe it all was checked.

What dealer did you buy from? I see I am not far from you.

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I went through all paperwork and did not find one. Its from Sheehy VW in Springfield Va. I have had a bunch of electrical problems and I'm trying to figure out if they actually checked through battery and harness stuff or at least if they were supposed to.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
My paperwork includes a copy of the "Certified Vehicle Inspection and Condition Report" with 112 lines of inspection.

#79 Battery/Charging System:Operational/Condition/Load Test/ No Corrosion
#82 Electrical System/Wires:Operational/Condition/Free of Corrosion/No Damage

If it is a CPO, you should have been given a copy of this. And the dealer should have it on file.

Last edited:

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Do you have a ballpark how long car sat on dealer lot ? Pull Engine cover off and look for chewed wires , also look behind battery. Good Luck

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
I went through all paperwork and did not find one. Its from Sheehy VW in Springfield Va. I have had a bunch of electrical problems and I'm trying to figure out if they actually checked through battery and harness stuff or at least if they were supposed to.

Again, is the vehicle CPO from VW? If so, you should've signed off on that checklist which also includes an acknowledgment that there is another part of the emissions modification that must be completed. There is also a 2 year/unlimited CPO warranty, so I'd take the car back and let them fix it.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Again, is the vehicle CPO from VW? If so, you should've signed off on that checklist which also includes an acknowledgment that there is another part of the emissions modification that must be completed. There is also a 2 year/unlimited CPO warranty, so I'd take the car back and let them fix it.
are all of the cars that were turned in and fixed and sold by VW CPO cars?

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
I am sure that I signed a sheet with this info on it but I can't locate it. Dealer gives out a thumb drive with signed documents but its not there either. Trust me I have taken the car back several times, and each time comes with a $200 diagnosis fee and a stern " oh thats not our problem this must have happened after our inspection." Or the "this doesn't fall within the limits of the extended warranty."
It's been real fun.
Lines 79 and 82 are of most concern. I have asked for it from the dealer several times and it seems hard to come by.

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Reach out to VW Customer Care, let them know whats going on. They'll reach out to the dealer on your behalf and hopefully help resolve this issue. Alternatively, you can try another dealer.

slj333

TDI
2015 sportwagen s
Yes, that sounds really frustrating. My understanding is that the CPO is a 2 year bumper to bumper unlimited mileage warranty.