2015 Jetta SEL TDI - NICE

VodkanDiesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just got this thing from Chris yesterday. It's so nice. I'm so glad that VW FINALLY sells high end TDI's. I can finally have a TDI with HID xenon headlights. Finally.

http://imgur.com/RvNRcyv
http://imgur.com/RvNRcyv

Also, for the first 200 miles on the odometer I got close to 50 MPG. This was going 70mph on the highway. Not bad at all.

http://imgur.com/B5RMCGr
http://imgur.com/B5RMCGr

I'm really happy with this car so far. It's loaded with features. You can open the doors without even touching the key fob. The car senses when the key fob is near.

I also highly recommend Chris at Burlington VW for getting your next car. He is straight forward and doesn't give you any bs. Great guy.

Last edited:

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
Congrats! Looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing more on real world mpgs in the MKVII. BTW, we now need a Jetta MKVII section. Can you comment on the quality of the materials in the interior. That's one of the reasons I like my MKV more than my MKVI.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's not a MKVII. It's a facelifted VI. Nice to see a real fuel and temp gauge.

Last edited:

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
I suppose that's true. Didn't realize MKVII was the Golf only. With the new MBQ platform and EA288 engine, seems like it would be useful for a new section. I've been waiting for the 2015s to show up.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We have one: http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

The Audi A3 is also on the MBQ platform. Saw a Q3 on the road today, but not a TDI. That might be nice if you can tolerate the automatic. Seems that Audi has gone completely away from manual transmissions in NA. I think the only cars that have them now are one A4 and the S4.

fowvey

Veteran Member
TDI
(2014 Jetta TDI DSG) -Gone, but not forgotten, 2014 Audi A6 TDI
Seems that Audi has gone completely away from manual transmissions in NA. I think the only cars that have them now are one A4 and the S4.

Don't forget the dream machine R8

cheoah

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta PD, '14 Passat
Nice wheels. Can you say a little more about them? Tnx

Sent from my iSomething using Tapatalk
Please forgive typos and commas

VodkanDiesel

TDI
Congrats! Looks awesome. Looking forward to hearing more on real world mpgs in the MKVII. BTW, we now need a Jetta MKVII section. Can you comment on the quality of the materials in the interior. That's one of the reasons I like my MKV more than my MKVI.

The quality of the interior feels just as good as my 2010 GTI. The SEL model climate controls feel high quality too. The steering wheel feels really nice. It's not that cheap plastic piece of crap that was on the previous MK6.

The car seems to be improved all around. No complaints yet.

Smalls

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta TDI
I'm assuming you're putting the dashcams in the Jetta.

What camera set-up do you use, if you don't mind me asking? Have been tossing around the idea for my Duramax

VodkanDiesel

TDI
I'm assuming you're putting the dashcams in the Jetta.

What camera set-up do you use, if you don't mind me asking? Have been tossing around the idea for my Duramax

I'm using this one on my GTI right now:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JIPR3XK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's the best dash cam on the market right now and I'll be installing 2 of them on the Jetta. Front & back.

Dash cams definitely pay off. Last year some lady crashed into me in the parking garage and tried to say that it wasn't her fault. I sent her insurance company the video and the next day my car was in the shop getting fixed for free. I had to get a new bumper & headlight. $3000 worth of repairs for free thanks to the dash cam.

Smalls

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 Jetta TDI
How is the video feed in low-light situations? Also, how do they turn on? Wired to ignition source or based on movement?

Read a story on another board about a guy that had one in his subaru. A guy walked out in front of him in a parking garage. "Side-stepped" and pretended to get hit by this guys car. Other pedestrians said the car did in fact, hit this guy. Cops show up, driver is saying BS the whole time, no one believes him. Whips out dashcam footage and the pedestrian gets charged.

If it wouldn't have been for that camera. That guy and his insurance company would've been paying that claim for a loooong time.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread :)

VodkanDiesel

TDI
How is the video feed in low-light situations? Also, how do they turn on? Wired to ignition source or based on movement?

Read a story on another board about a guy that had one in his subaru. A guy walked out in front of him in a parking garage. "Side-stepped" and pretended to get hit by this guys car. Other pedestrians said the car did in fact, hit this guy. Cops show up, driver is saying BS the whole time, no one believes him. Whips out dashcam footage and the pedestrian gets charged.

If it wouldn't have been for that camera. That guy and his insurance company would've been paying that claim for a loooong time.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread :)
Here's a good review and instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWOq62cY6U

I have mine hard wired to a ON/OFF switch, so I can leave it turned on even when the car is off. The camera turns on and automatically starts recording as soon as it gets power. This is a standard feature on all dash cams.

Make sure you get the 0803 model and not the 0801. The 0803 is the new model and performs MUCH BETTER in low light. Here's a comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXF2wqC6oD8

Yeah there's a million situations in which a dash cam can help you. Recently, I hit a pot hole on the road and needed to get an alignment. I sent the video footage and the alignment bill to the State Highway Administrator. They're reviewing it right now. With video evidence, there's no way they can deny it. And if they do, I'll make sure this video ends up on the news.

emd_sd45

TDI
2009 Jetta
I haven't been able to see a SEL in person. Does the 2015 have rear seat A/C vents in the middle console? The vents are great in the older MK5, but we miss them in the new MK6.

VodkanDiesel

TDI
I haven't been able to see a SEL in person. Does the 2015 have rear seat A/C vents in the middle console? The vents are great in the older MK5, but we miss them in the new MK6.

Just checked. There's no vents - only a 12V plug and 2 small pockets.

I think volkswagen is just like Apple. They leave out features on purpose and then introduce them in the next model, like it's something new, to get people to buy the new model.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The MK6 Jetta hasn't had Vents in the rear of the Console in this model run...... ..... Jetta Sedan 2011-2015 the 2015 is a Minor update new front Bumper and grill New Trunk lid with different Tail lights and new interior trim to include a new steering wheel.....Looks nice to me

Last edited:

VodkanDiesel

TDI
The MK6 Jetta hasn't had Vents in the rear of the Console in this model run......They were on my EX 2010 Jetta Sportwagen ...... 2011-2015 the 2015 is a Minor update new front Bumper and grill New Trunk lid with different Tail lights and new interior trim to include a new steering wheel.....Looks nice to me

Hey Tom,

check this out. I just found a much better alternative to PRO-CLIP. It attaches to the perfect spot on the Jetta dashboard:

http://www.kudausa.com/volkswagen-jetta-sedan-since-2011-black-a1668.html

I've never heard of this brand though.

emd_sd45

TDI
2009 Jetta
Thanks, had seen some photos of the lower end models and the vents definitely weren't there. Was hoping they had come back on the SEL, the VW website states:

"Climatronic® dual-zone automatic climate control with pollen filter and rear passenger ventilation"

Was hoping that meant vents were back... Living in Texas those vents do make a big difference when kids are in the back.

Thanks

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI

Spohntaneous

TDI
2015 TDI SEL Jetta
I have a question regarding the 2015 TDI SEL. I want the tw tone interior, corn silk and black yet the dealer says it only comes that way with the gas engine Jetta. ANY help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
There is nothing you can do about that.....unless you find a wreck and install yourself my 2013 Jetta hybrid has a 2 tone interior gray black

steve1479

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI
Nice car, I'm currently waiting to get mine. I purchased one about a week ago but the dealerships here only JUST received the 2015's and only have automatic transmission models. My manual transmission 2015 will be here later this week or early next week.

Nice wheels, I don't think the Highline models up here come with those, we get these lame looking 5 spoke 17" alloys, I believe they're called "Lancasters".

The only downside I see so far is that the door cards have lost the soft touch surface (the actual door card, not the arm rest on the door)

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The MK6 Jettas have always had the same Door card material that was one of the knocks on the car.....His wheels where changed to the Black Oynx they are nice