2015 GSW S Front heated seats

jdstrd

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
I have a 2015 S model I added heated front seats too. Did both seats. But now the airbag sensor pad on the passenger side acts like someone is always sitting in it(no passenger airbag off light).And the seat belt light stays on a chimes when driving, until I put the passenger seat belt on. I ran vagcom, no errors. I unplugged the battery and disconnected all the plugs and reinstalled. Still same issue. Ideas?

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
I have a 2015 S model I added heated front seats too. Did both seats. But now the airbag sensor pad on the passenger side acts like someone is always sitting in it(no passenger airbag off light).And the seat belt light stays on a chimes when driving, until I put the passenger seat belt on. I ran vagcom, no errors. I unplugged the battery and disconnected all the plugs and reinstalled. Still same issue. Ideas?
You might need coding to know the module that car has a heated seat option.

manyVAGs

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI
It could also be that the heaters are not compatible with the passenger sensor. VW-Audi use a couple of different kind of sensors. One is a weight sensor and one is a capacitance sensor. It is very possible that the presence of the heater is confusing the sensor - particularly if it is an aftermarket heater.

jdstrd

TDI
2015 GSW TDI x2
manyVAGS Thank you. It is a capacitence sensor, not a pressure sensor. Unplugged the bottom pad and it works now.

kevkor2002

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen, 2002 Honda S2000
Where did you get your seat heaters? I'm considering adding them to my car.

hotzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
I got my heated seats installed in my Sportswagen via a professional auto installer. Total bill was about $550. Well worth it. Way hotter than the stock ones I sat within.