No. of replies not matching no. of messages

GregR

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, manual
Now that I have posted the above links and used them, I am able to see all the replies. I do not know what is going on.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with not seeing all of the replies listed and later being able to see them?

Thanks.

------------------
98 Jetta TDI, 78,000+ miles, Highest mpg 53.9

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Could it be they were in your cache and that wasn't working properly. What browser are you using?

GregR

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, manual
I am using IE 5.0. After this happened I went to check my settings, I changed the Temporary Internet files settings from "never" to "every visit to the page" in the section "check for newer versions of stored pages:"

I thought this might be causing the problem.

------------------
98 Jetta TDI, 78,000+ miles, Highest mpg 53.9

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Sometimes ISPs cache web pages on their proxy servers. For those of you who post messages and then don't see them right away, this is usually the case. I recently switched ISPs for my home service for this reason. ISPs do this to conserve bandwidth.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Tracktor King, this is what I was thinking about. I've had a lot of problems with IE's caching in the past.
thanks for the note on ISP's caching. I know that one of the ISP tried to cache our entire site at work (including our dynamic pages). this caused some major traffic problems and we had to ban them until they fixed their scripts.

Fred

badger

Veteran Member
I have the same problem. It is only with certain threads, particularly (but not exclusively) to those to which I have made a reply. Very frustrating.

------------------
no TDI (yet)

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Check the following in IE:

Edit-->Preferences.

This will open a new window,
click on Advanced, then cache.

No make sure that "Document in cache is compared to document on network:" is set to Every Time.

That should do it.

Fred