how do i make my car faster without spending $

OneLostprophet

wow, sorry havnt been back..went away for a couple days...ok well its a 99 VW beetle, with 73K miles, and slow as hell....that help

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Sure. FIX WHAT'S BROKEN. Start your investigation with the MAF sensor. Continue it with investigation of how much carbon is built up in the EGR valve and in the intake manifold. Now, read the TDIFAQ ... ! ! !

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
CowboyTDI wrote: “Your tall tails are sounding a lot like those of Oldman and dzljet...Any dynos, vag com graphs, or 70 to 100 timed runs? “

“Unless that Oldman intake of yours adds 10hp, I too doubt your numbers. Dzljet, I rode in your car before a while back at your GTG and while it was fast, it's not the super car as you think it is. I'm guessing now with your whatever kit installed you're thinking it's 170whp. Absolutely NO WAY on that too.
All talk and no proof as always.”

“dyno your car, and put up those 170whp numbers. I bet it's more like 150whp. You're like everyone else”

“At least this guy Peter talks from experience. Davin's right, folks here put out their own dough and share. Your talk is cheap”

“ He's always arguing with someone and talks down to folks. That's his mode of operation. Don't feel the troll! Use that ignore feature and put Rogue on it. Your life will be better...”

“Kerma, just because you don't have a source for these doesn't mean you can just go and put down another vendor, whether here or on another website. Geez...”

“Wow, with those mods, your car must be a powerhouse! Have you ever dyno'd your car?”

“Put that Vnt 17 on and I'll bet you'll get some serious turbo lag …. Won't work without new s/w and like sushi said, kind of a waste without it.”

Talk is cheap, if your were at a GTC why did you not put some money down then? Where is your dyno, your vag com. I know you are some sort of Troll. How do you know about VNT17 turbo lag, sound like Boundless again, you have one?

Why did you on TDIClub and Boundless on VWVortex ask so nicely about UPSIII performance figures, and with a few weeks turn into total bashers? When was Boundless banned? Why do we have two new users CowboyTDI and ULSDin2006 on Vortex all with the typical Boundless calls and attack pattern?

I see you are an engineer just like Boundless’s claim too, not too many horse ranchers with a BS ME. You sure?

As I said you must be some slug, tossing out swill and then crawling under a rock, if you got such a bad ride why didn’t you come up to me an issue a challenge? I know why because talk is cheap. Then you hack on Dezljet and the UPS III kit, I should add your 150 WHP sounds like a Boundless estimate too.

So yeah, why don’t you put some money on your “bet”. Why don’t we see a dyno from you or any backing of any of your claims. I call you a Troll, a plain and simple Troll incognito spewing swill and then crawling under a rock both here and Vortex, making a few low level post only to crawl out again.

I find your trolling here and on Vortex irrational and irritating. Your hacking on Dezljet, myself, your call for dyno and or vag com, your instant liable of anybody for any post all smack of Boundless. You low balling of WHP, you feign interest in UPSIII calling it “vaporware”, your clueless ascertain ala Boundless on turbo lag from a bigger turbo.

All CowboyTDI, who just conveniently moved, is Boundless II.

bjmarler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, White
Wow! I guess the song is true: "Don't pull on Superman's cape, Don't spit into the wind, Don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and DON"T talk smack about Oldman's diesel."

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Don't talk smack after the fact, then "move" away. This guy is a troll. He he had any Nads, he would have just asked for a throw down right there.

CowboyTDI wrote" je, you are one rude person...in fact, it appears most of the new members are not welcome here. You old timers spent a lot of time ripping new members and not helping out. Geez..."

"Oldman posts nothing, dzljet posts nothing, both don't know how to use vag com...WOW!!! Freaking amazing! After all these years, the truth finally comes out! Plus, Oldman can't even figure out how to read and use a 1/4 mile calc correctly. Dzljet, he's a wimp. "

"Thank you Boundless for exposing the truth! "

"If you're a former mechanic, then I fail to see even one ounce of common sense used here."

"Now, you need to go ruin things by bringing your opinion of things into this thread. Glad to know you're speaking for all Europeans. Yeah, you should have started a new thread... "

"Ok, then why did you post then? "

“Yep, when I was a lurker here before I got my car, I learned a lot from that former member. He pretty much convinced me by his posts to get a Shine suspension. Wish he was still here, but his beef with a certain moderator was never resolved. I think Boundless knows how that former member feels now.”

"Yet another slam post by the good dr. First you slam folks in CA, then gays, and now folks who drive auto trannys... It seems like you're here to make war with everyone. You, my friend, have a problem... "

"Dude, what is it with you? You've had other threads deleted and locked because ...."

"TDI 1 is stealing your thread to argue with others about performance mod"

"Lesson learned, IGNORE Troy. What is the point of you dragging this on?"

"Post deleted by dzcad90" hey a post delete and I missed it.

"no big, done that and even further many times... "

CowboyTDI = Boundless II, make no mistake about it.

cowboytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI, Silver, 5 Speed
Superman? Oldman is far from being Superman. He's showing his age too. Funny how all the newbies think whatever Oldman saids is gospel. Don't believe the hype. So, you think I'm Boundless? You're more like him than I am. Boundless trolls and internet stalks by posting everything you posted here and NQR on that thread on Vortex. You do the same to me here by looking up everything I've posted on Vortex and Tdiclub. What a joke! You got nothing better to do? I didn't think whatever I said bothered you so much. I feel better now that it did. Hope your hurt ego feels better now that you've posted your temper tantrum on Fred's twice and on NQR.

Well, I'm not Boundless, that's for darn sure. Just because I agree with him by questioning your wild hp claims and tall tails, you get upset. I don't agree with everything Al writes either. So, you think I'm a troll huh? What's wrong, can't handle the fact that there's at least one educated person in Texas that cattle ranches? Poor baby, got upset that I questioned dzljet's crazy Up kit claims? You got upset when Davin did the same. Dzljet can't handle the heat, he lost his temper, posted crap, and now he's selling his car. You had to step in and get him to calm down. Does he do everything you tell him? He's posted no hard data, no dynos, no vag com, nothing. So I questioned his claims of wild hp, rightly so. That other Up kit dyno was posted and dzljet has the same stuff on his car, so 150whp it is allowing for drivetrain loss. Who lying now? Troll? Yeah, right. Heck, you still having a hard time using vag com?

Funny thing is Lou, I know you and Mike. I met you through Runonbeer. You even thought what I was doing with my ranch was cool. We even talked about computers and why you moved to Texas. But when we talked cars, I saw through your b/s. Mike too. His car is fast, but it ain't the fastest TDI like he thinks.

So now you're trying RC and Unitronic huh? What's wrong, losing faith in Up after defending them all these years? I see that dzljet doesn't even sell their stuff anymore. Hurts when that bubble is popped, huh? Yep, you are an Oldman, that's for darn sure! Ha Ha Ha!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
In this thread, let's quit the banter and BS, and try to help out the person who posted the original question (if he shows up again) - OK? The last few posts are not relevant to the topic at hand.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
This is how fast you can go with a chip....pedal to the metal. Several times - same result.

This is how fast your NA 90 HP will go with just injectors. The bigger they are, the more it will go...

There is no freaking way a stock 90 HP TDI will go at 135 on a FLAT SURFACE.... if it is stock. Arizona is not far from here and I offer to fully cover the expanses for the trip to San Francisco for whoever wants to drive from Arizona to here to prove me wrong. It is full day drive; I pay for the hotel here in SF and for the food and the fuel. Then we go test on a FLAT ROAD and if 135 mph are not reached in a COMPLETE STOCK 90 HP TDI, I pay nothing....... Anyone interested, I am not kidding.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Quite right, where is the moderator? Maxthrust, Dezljet and I were clearly attacked out of the blue by Cowboy TDI: “ Max,are you originally from Texas? Your tall tails are sounding a lot like those of Oldman and dzljet...Any dynos, vag com graphs, or 70 to 100 timed runs?”

Why are blatant unfounded attacks tolerated. I’ve list a whole itinerary of attacks from CowboyTDI.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
I just would like to kindly ask the Moderators of this section to please let us settle the issues that this topic aroused, so please, do not lock it! We are all grown up people and we have to learn how to live together in agreement or disagreement. We have to work on this and we better start right now. You lock this, then another one will come and then we will never solve the issues there are. Please, we all KNOW that we have issues, let us solve them here, where they belong....... hope I am not asking for much.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
hence the use of the words “apparently stock”.
You are either pregnant or not, there is no "apparently pregnant"
Mike can check his ECU via vag-com and see if he is chipped. If that is the case, then there is not case...... but anyway, in the past, as someone pointed here before, there have been one or two 135 mph claims from not "apparently" but real stock cars and it was Arizona again. So, my post is to all who feel that their REAL STCOK cars can do 135 - let me know.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Normally I don't involve myself in shooting matches, but I feel I must. I enjoy the posts and stories on this site, and I weigh what I read with what I know. I DO NOT attack anyone though. Lets make this easy, if cowboy questions oldman, let them meet a neutral party and compare apples to apples. Let them BOTH show PROOF of what is real and what is memorex. Let them BOth show dyno and or time slips. If one has none to show, let him be silent till he does since this is about proven fact, not assertions. I am a long time diesel guy, but I learn a lot from all of you. Don't turn this into a personal boxing ring please.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Dictonary : apparently - from appearances alone;

Unless you are superman, I don’t know how you can see if the car was stock or not? The man said apparently, meaning he does not know for sure, but visually it is stock. You have shown 135MPH with injectors. Can you see injector hole size when they are installed? NO, hence an apparently stock car can do 135 MPH.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Superman? LOL! You do not need to be superman to see the smoke that comes out of your pipe..... because if your TDI goes 135 mph, there WILL BE smoke. Oldman, you let this fly and next time stock cars will do 15 flat..... Please PM me a phone where I can get you tomorrow. Wanted to talk to you about something that will take way too much words here...

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
fair enough, I've posted the following dyno runs in the dyno section:
151 WHP, 155 WHP, 164 WHP, 176 WHP, 180 WHP, 191 WHP at STD.

I've invited CowboyTDI to come down for the dyno run(s).

oldman wrote: Hey your close by why don't you swing by and we can put some money on my ride spanking yours. What do you want to do 1/4 mile, dyno, loser pays for the dyno? I'm game. It is all in fun. Hey you can verify the dyno run too.
I've done a search and as far as I can see Cowboy TDI has done nothing but attack other members.

Oh and since I had the optical pickup working here's my torque:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=13010&password=&sort=1&cat=533&page=1

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
OK well you got me on the smoke, LOL, maybe he was too scared to look backwards?

I be in Hawaii for a while, so better send me an Email.

peter pyce

Veteran Member
When are you flying back? Most flights transit SFO..... can you try to get one of those, so we can have few hours at the airport, lunch is on me. If you want to stay overnight and fly Texas the next day, be my guest. Let me know.

dzljet

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
Superman? Oldman is far from being Superman. He's showing his age too. Funny how all the newbies think whatever Oldman saids is gospel. Don't believe the hype. So, you think I'm Boundless? You're more like him than I am. Boundless trolls and internet stalks by posting everything you posted here and NQR on that thread on Vortex. You do the same to me here by looking up everything I've posted on Vortex and Tdiclub. What a joke! You got nothing better to do? I didn't think whatever I said bothered you so much. I feel better now that it did. Hope your hurt ego feels better now that you've posted your temper tantrum on Fred's twice and on NQR.

Well, I'm not Boundless, that's for darn sure. Just because I agree with him by questioning your wild hp claims and tall tails, you get upset. I don't agree with everything Al writes either. So, you think I'm a troll huh? What's wrong, can't handle the fact that there's at least one educated person in Texas that cattle ranches? Poor baby, got upset that I questioned dzljet's crazy Up kit claims? You got upset when Davin did the same. Dzljet can't handle the heat, he lost his temper, posted crap, and now he's selling his car. You had to step in and get him to calm down. Does he do everything you tell him? He's posted no hard data, no dynos, no vag com, nothing. So I questioned his claims of wild hp, rightly so. That other Up kit dyno was posted and dzljet has the same stuff on his car, so 150whp it is allowing for drivetrain loss. Who lying now? Troll? Yeah, right. Heck, you still having a hard time using vag com?

Funny thing is Lou, I know you and Mike. I met you through Runonbeer. You even thought what I was doing with my ranch was cool. We even talked about computers and why you moved to Texas. But when we talked cars, I saw through your b/s. Mike too. His car is fast, but it ain't the fastest TDI like he thinks.

So now you're trying RC and Unitronic huh? What's wrong, losing faith in Up after defending them all these years? I see that dzljet doesn't even sell their stuff anymore. Hurts when that bubble is popped, huh? Yep, you are an Oldman, that's for darn sure! Ha Ha Ha!
First of all, I've decided not to do chips anymore as I recently took a job teaching high school; World Geography, for the ability to have an impact on the lives of young people. I get to teach global warming and the sensible choices we have to make for our planets future. I am currently having my students do a large project on it. I am able to educate 200 kids on important matters that in fact I had to pass on another job offer making more than double what my teachers salary offers. It's a sacrifice I make to do what I feel is important work. I have dedicated myself to this endeavor and don't want to be distracted with people and most of all the insanity of what goes on at these boards. IMO this is irrelevant to why I bought a TDI and why I've tried so hard to make a TDI that will make an impact on others. To me it was all about getting as many people as possible to see that performance could be had with great economy. The fact that alternative fuels could be used in this car emphasized my point. So what if I sell my TDI? I still have another. (Oh yeah, it's Upsoluted as well!!)
What I found was, working on other peoples cars meant, "owning" them as well. All too often I had cases where I did work on someone's car and then for example a year after doing an injector upgrade on someone's TDI they would call me and say, "my check engine light came on, it must have something to do with the work you did on it!"
Simply put, I don't want to touch a car other than my own or maybe a good friends. (That's it!!)
Then there's the whole scare mongering about the chip that had people with clogged snowscreens, clogged egr's/intakes and non operational vnt's that would for some strange reason smoke turbo's. Gee, ya think!!
VW has problems with these turbo's, that has been established. Yet some have turned this into a "this chip" will smoke your turbo. I have talked to way too many techs and heard of enough "stock" turbo's going for me to fall for such BS.

Ok, so you met us through Runonbeer, did you read the thread where he talked about his propane, phat injectored A3 TDI getting killed by Blubyu's Upsolute, PP357'd and Oldman pipe A4 TDI destroying him in a race?
That was on a car with what I call a very conservative build from stuff like Oldman and I have done.

You are right about one thing, I did lose my cool. I think there are some very rude people here, there are others that are without a doubt serving an agenda and that's mostly why I've clammed up over the past few years with tech stuff both here and in person. You see, you have made it quite clear why I don't talk too much to people when the come to my place (which is something else I want no part of anymore) the idea that someone would show up at my house with an agenda is quite disturbing to me and ruins any sense of friendliness to this community.

IF, I do any dyno's or logging, where is it posted that I "must" post it? I was accused not long ago of "shaking people down" although the way I see it, if it takes my time or straps my budget to spend my money on gathering data, isn't that shaking me down? Why should I share info that costs me money? A long time ago I would have and did, you are a perfect example of why that has stopped cold.
Also why I would sell my car.
FYI: I live 2 miles from my work. Seeing how I can and do ride my bike to work, I can still live comfortable in the knowledge that I'm helping the environment. Yes, I do wnat to sell my TDI and get a LS1 GTO. That would be my "pleasure" car for the weekends and is much better suited for activities that I've enjoyed doing all my life, spending the weekend at the track. I grew up around racing, have 30 years experince and knowledge of it. The idea that slide rule wannabe engineers with proven ignorance of what works in race and go fast applications can have so much bearing on sites like this exemplify to me what's gone really wrong with this site. Sure enough, there are some good aspects of it. I've even had my students looking at topics here for research on gloabl warming and alternative fuels and pro's and con's of electric cars. Good info there to be sure, as far as performance talk, this place is questionable at best IMO.

For you and the others alike, I have to give a big thumbs down.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
I fly from DFW, I don't know about stops, one time I had a stop at SanJose and took the bus upto the Gallaria and then my buds from SanAntonio Hobby shop picked me up.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Peter wrote: I just would like to kindly ask the Moderators of this section to please let us settle the issues that this topic aroused, so please, do not lock it!

I’m not sure what topic this is, three members were attacked by CowboyTDI, I quick browsed through 40 of his 60 post yields two more pages of attacks posted by him. He has attacked me for not knowing how to use the vag-com, after I had asked several complicated questions and needed the answers in a short period of time. I disagree with you, getting my attention is easy, and need not be done via attack. 1/3 or more of CowboyTDI’s post are direct attacks. What can we possibly learn from him?

To my mind the topic is simple: Why is a troll allowed to troll, he has not posted one iota of useful information, has attacked out of the blue on many occations.

Peter wrote: then another one will come and then we will never solve the issues there are. Please, we all KNOW that we have issues, let us solve them here, where they belong..

I have no issues, I’ve posted my dyno numbers, I’ve done just about every mod. I have more mods planned. I hang out on the performance section, and do 99% of my post there. I can’t see how CowboyTDI can expound any information, as a simple injector change has completely confused him and a hammer mod seems to be beyond his grasp

CowboyTDI
I would do this, but after reading the FAQ thread, it seems way beyond what I could do myself.

I had the same issue with vag on my sony as well. Not sure what the problem is with the sonys.

I've read some of the other posts about the hammer mod. So, do I loosen the bolts holding the top of the pump, and actually use a hammer to gently push the plate over towards the passenger side? How do I know how far I need to push the plate or pump over? If I do this, I assume that using Vag Com will still allow me to me adjustments? Could someone point me in the right direction? I want to get rid of the smoke. I'm close, and I know this will solve my problem.

Hi folks. I just brought a used set of PP 520's which I just added to my Golf, which also has an Up chip. Car runs great, but has lots of smoke. Using Vag Com, I have adjusted the IQ to the highest I can, 6.4, but it still smokes more than I want. Can someone explain, perhaps even with pictures, how to do the hammer mod? I know that Oldman and Kerma often make reference to doing that mod to their car, but how does one do it? I know it's not for the faint of heart, given the risk of a run away motor, but this is apparently the next step I need to make on my car. Thanks ahead of time for your help

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand how this is done, but here's a dumb question that keeps on bugging me. What does "scribe" the pump mean? Sounds like markings one puts on the plate to know how far to move the plate? Also, I looked at the pump and it has some very weird looking bolts on there. Is that what you're referring to with the Metalnerd tool? By the way, where go I find such a tool? Who/what is Metalnerd? Sorry about the dumb questions, just trying

Here are some more attacks:

cowboyTDI
Uh, tdi_friendamine, hello? What do you think the post above yours is trying to say? You need to read before you post, and please, STOP SHOUTING!
cowboyTDI
Sometimes folks here aren't too cool either, like slamming your English, but in general, everyone is here to help.
cowboyTDI
Car54 can't spell worth a crap either! Matches his knowledge of cars...
cowboyTDI
I think you should try it. After all, you people from SPAIN will try anything.
cowboyTDI
Yep, there is some risks listening to us Americans.

cowboyTDI
Adam, ***?...You need some serious help...
cowboyTDI
I would say your an idiot.
cowboyTDI
This is getting to be a stupid thread.
cowboyTDI
You need to stop wasting bandwidth
I cowboyTDI
If you're a former mechanic, then I fail to see even one ounce of common sense used here.
cowboyTDI
Your reply doesn't make sense at all.

cowboyTDI
You happened to refer to posts by TDI_ESEL and Derrel, who are rarely helpful , and often accuse new members as being trolls

cowboyTDI
TDI 1 is stealing your thread to argue with others about performance mods

cowboyTDI
Yet another slam post by the good dr. ... It seems like you're here to make war with everyone. You, my friend, have a problem ...

cowboyTDI
So, the guy hates Hondas and rice cars, so what's the big deal? Man, there are a lot more crazy stuff posted and written here than that picture. Chill out!
cowboyTDI
Come on now. You're not a newbie here. What do you think this thread is about? Just go to page one of this thread and start reading!