Limp mode 120mph/late boost. Help

Adizo

TDI
Mk4 golf 1.9tdi ARL
Hi everyone new to tdi forums.
I have a 2003 mk4 gt-tdi (ARL). I bought the car 3 months ago mapped to 190bhp and arround 450nm torque, this was told to me by the previous 8 year owner of the car. The car ran great i did timing belt and waterpump at 160kmiles and also a full service. Recently ecountered limp mode but get this only at 120mph.. Alongside this i feel a loss of power and allso seems the turbo is boosting late. For example in 5th gear bost doesnt really come on until 2.5k rpm. I get the fault code charge preasure controle positive deveation. I find it weird tho this only happens at arround 120mph. Any ideas anyone? Please forgive me if i left out important info or posted this in the wrong page.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
This wasn't a question, why unnecessary comment?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
What's "unnecessary" about the comment? Sounds like a legit question to me. Since the OP is in Ireland, he could have meant Km/H.

JKC_NC

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Passat TDI DSG | '15 Passat TDI SE Manual (sold 7/2018) | '10 Jetta Wagon TDI manual (sold 4/2015)
I had a 1996 Civic I bought new that I took to top speed when I first go it. 120 mph per speedo, 115 mph by GPS. The car had a speed limiter built into the powertrain....The top speed could be reached in 4th or 5th gear. Once the spedo hit 120, the car "depowered"...it was really noticeable. Perhaps you experienced a speed limiter rather than "limp mode".

Cheers
Joe

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
120 km/hr is ordinary highway speed in Ireland. That equates to 75 mph. That could be an overboost problem. If it was 120 mph, it could be rev or speed limiter. I hit 100 mph recently (closed circuit ok) and it was fast enough. I imagine my car would reduce power at 120 too.

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
What's "unnecessary" about the comment? Sounds like a legit question to me. Since the OP is in Ireland, he could have meant Km/H.
It was in response to jokila's comment. "Is that speed even legal".

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk