Vag com in the Kansas city area No Start issue

halfpintobs

TDI
1998 Beetle 5spd Tdi, 2000 Beetle Tdi 5spd Tdi
I am looking for some help. I have a 2000 vw beetle tdi 5spd stock 243k was running fine, drove it in the morning 6 hrs later went to go eat and no start. Car cranks/turns over but will not fire. I have done a lot of things on the list as follows
1. Replaced 109 relay gp light comes on but for only a second. Checked all fuses.
2. New fuel filter, new orings on the T
3. Checked and cleaned sending unit.
4. New crankshaft sensor, as i was having 0 rpms on tach while trying to start, could new sensor be bad too?
5. Asv is not boogered up
6. 11.5 v at solenoid on IP
Now I replaced timing belt about 3 months ago 100k belt new rollers tensioner water pump etc.
IP has been noisy since i bought the car 1.5 years ago, when i crank the IP clicks or ticks. I think it may have finally died. I have a demanding job that requires me to drive and need my 50 mpgs back any advice would be appreciated.

halfpintobs

TDI
I did that and only a dribble came out, like what may have been in the lines. Not a lot like people have described on here that is why i think my IP might be shot?

halfpintobs

TDI
We used a mighty vac on the out side and was able to get fuel through, after reading about how to prime i think maybe we need to try it again. But my question is why would the pump go dry? The car was fine that morning, then a no start? I think i will try gravity feed and see what we get.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Pumps go dry when they leak slightly.

With regards to your #4 in the first post.....With vagcom you can see the signal from the crank position sensor to see if its reading. My employee replaced a sensor on a gas 2.0L the other day and it wouldn't start when we were done. We thought we had misdiagnosed it but it turned out he didn't have the sensor installed all the way into the hole so it wasn't reading.

Last edited:

halfpintobs

TDI
Interesting i did replace the sensor, because i was having no rpms while cranking. I do not have a vagcom to test. As far as i know i did not have a leak on my IP it was super noisy though since i have owned the car about 1.5 years. Maybe i will try to put old crank sensor back in or ensure new one is installed correctly and gravity feed pump. Thanks

halfpintobs

TDI
Ya we primed the pump tonight and still only getting a dribble at #3 injector when cracked. Im thinking pump is shot. We did a gravity feed and tried to crank while cranking the line going to gravity fed bottle would flow backwards?