Help! Need to add TRANSMISSION fluid to my '05 TDI Passat

SoCATDI

TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS Wagon, 2003 Golf TDI, 1998 Jetta TDI sadly totaled by teen driver, 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI
We just had to replace to the power steering pump and in that process of taking off the front of the car, etc....we had to disconnect the transmission fluid line to replace the power steering pump. In that process I lost some transmission fluid. Since there is no place to check this fluid, HOW DO YOU ADD the transmission fluid in this car? ANY help would be appreciated!!

abctdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat GLS
There is a fill port on the trans pan as well as a drain port.
Now is a good time to R&R the fluid unless you did it recently.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
There are 2 plugs in the tranny pan. The front one is the drain and the rear is to fill.
You have to jack the car up level, remove front plug/drain, then replace front plug. Remove rear plug and there is a tube that determines fluid level. Pump new fluid up through the tube until it overflows, then replace plug. You are also supposed to check temperature, since fluid expands. Temp is supposed to be about 113F IIRC. Exact temp is not critical- IMO.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Last edited:

gtrosema

TDI
2002 Jetta
Thanks guys, I just was coming back to say I found it. thanks for the speedy replies

vwztips

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat GLS Wagon TDI 5 spd manual w/BSM delete 2011 Tiguan TDI/DSG 2005 Audi A4 Avant 6MQ TDI 2011 BMW X5 35d
Uhhhhh dont forget that the engine needs to be running before you remove the fill plug, else you will lose a good bit too.