TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
RallyVW Raffle- Winners announced

Raffle Winners:
1.) Peter Noble: IndigoBlueWagen Won :Tdi Heater form Frostheater.com

2.) Jackie Walters: mwalters Won: Standard RocketChip from RocketChip.com

3.) Michael Coupal : cincy_mike Won Sprint Injector from KERMATDI.com

Congradulations.

Winners please email me at ohwegener@hotmail.com for details on how to collect your prizes.

Oliver Crew Chief Rally VW

Rally VW has decided to challenge the 2006 Rally America Championship in Group 5 against lighter faster and factory backed teams like Mazda, Dodge/Chrysler, and many more.

We are currently in second place after the first race of the season, only 4 points behind the leader.

In order for us to continue to race, we will need some monetary donations to help us along. We have some wonderful sponsors who have donated products and/or services in order to help us raise money, and we will in turn run another raffle in an effort to raise some much needed money for fuel and parts(car was damaged at Sno Drift).

This raffle will continue until March 15th, 2006. The drawing will be held and the winner(s) selected that day.

Here is what we are offering for this raffle.

1. Sprint Injectors(your choice) courtesy of KERMATDI Visit www.KermaTdi.com

2. Rocket Chip Tuning (standard tuning) courtesy www.Rocketchip.com

3. Tdi Heater by Frost Heater. Visit www.frostheater.com
(This was so nice to have at Sno Drift. Jon and Ken got into a warm car and drove off to the first stage.) It is really a nice item to have if you live anywhere cold.

As in the past, we will enter your name once for every $10.00 donation that is made. So, if you donate $20, you get two chances to win and so on. And, they will be drawn back to back, so if your name is in more than once, you have a chance to win more than once.

I would also like to thank www.MetalNerd.com who continues to support us as well. We are working on some details to offer TDI Tools in a later Raffle as the season progresses.

And, as always, we would like to thank Fred for allowing us to run these raffles on the site as well as all you who have helped us in the past and for you who will be helping us now.

All proceeds will go directly to supporting the team in the hopes that we may attend as many events this year as possible to gather points. For a small team like us, it takes all the money we don't have to accomplish.

They say that there is no way that we could take what is basically a production class car and compete against purpose built G5 cars with factory support. We want to prove them wrong.

Oliver Wegener
Rally VW Crew Cief
www.rallyvw.com

Please send all donations via paypal to : rallytdi@yahoo.com

Any donations are greatly appreciated. Even if it just some left over change you have laying around in paypal.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
GO Get EM Boys!
I know its not much, but...
Paypal sent!!!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'm in! I'll be sending more too!

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Thanks for any support. We are having a very difficult time finding the money to continue the season. We are currently in Second Place and have a good shot at being very competive in the races to come. The problem that we have is that it costs $3000+ to attend an event with entry fees, fuel costs, hotel, and food. And that is for the close rallies, the west coast ones the fuel will cost that alone.

This is why we appreciate everyones help so much. It would so great the have a small team of voluteers and friends take iit to the BIG FACTORY teams.

THEY SAY IT CAN"T BE DONE. With further support, we intend to prove them wrong.

Thank You

Oliver
Crew Chief Rally VW
www.rallyvw.com

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Just sent Jon a PayPal for the proceeds of all the turbo sales thus far. ;)

Reminder: the proceeds from every vnt-17 turbo sold at kermatdi.com goes to help these guys.

Last edited:

bradfa

Veteran Member
TDI
No TDIs anymore :(
Money sent your way. Good luck! Keep us updated with results (and pictures!) :D

This is a really good idea by the way. :cool:

Last edited:

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
I am up late working on video conversions, so I can edit the videos we have and either post them on our web-site, or eventually make a nice DVD. Thanks for everyone's support.

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
Small donation made. Wish it could have been more but I've been unemployed for the past 6 months but was hired today! Thought I'ld share what I could to celebrate.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Thank you all very much for the support. We are trying hard to come up with ways to make the team self supporting (see the turbos that Kerma is selling for us and the Chip Tunning events Jeff of RC is doing with us) but that only goes so far.

We had hoped to get a fuel sponsor as well as get some attention from others who may be interested in seeing a cool, sexy, competitive biodiesel powered rally team do well and fight to get onboard but its not easy.

We hope to have some folks from the NBB join us for the 100AW race this month so we will see if they see just how cool we are and maybe they can help swing some love to us from the biodiesel industry... we can hope anyway.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
KERMA said:
Just sent Jon a PayPal for the proceeds of all the turbo sales thus far. ;)

Reminder: the proceeds from every vnt-17 turbo sold at kermatdi.com goes to help these guys.
Wow! I didnt know that. Great! :) :) very generous. How many kits have you sold so far ?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
oldpoopie said:
Wow! I didnt know that. Great! :) :) very generous. How many kits have you sold so far ?
A number of them.... :)

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I will back up Kerma by saying that quite a number of dollars from turbos just hit our books. That plus the very very kind donations of others as well as yet another tunning event with Jeff (RocketChip) have us closer to our goal of running a full season.

We also need to find a little extra cash to get the entry fee off to Pikes Peak. I know Jon is VERY focused on hitting all the Rally America events and wants to go to Pikes to better our own record but I am dead serious about it. While many folks think rally is ok and all, Pikes is a motorsports icon. With all the grunt we can put down we have a shot at flat out smoking (pun intended) some very very fast gas cars going up that big ole hill.

The last time we were there we had so much less power and we have a few tricks up our sleeves to get up the hill much faster this time. Once we do we think we can put an exclamation point on our season and show that diesels and biodiesel are a combo that can help take america to a clean and powerful automotive future.

Please consider participating in this raffle, visit our web page and check out the links to our sponsors and then lean on the biodiesel industry to get with the program and help us, help them.

hgeittmann

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
donation sent. Good luck with everything. I take it Blue Sun hasn't expressed any interest in sponsoring? Too bad. Did you try Bioenergy of Colorado? link Maybe they can cut you a deal on a railcar.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
We continue to talk with several producers but for several reasons many seem reluctant to jump in. I understand that but I also feel very deeply that diesel technology and biodiesel in particular have huge futures. We are honestly opening eyes to what our cars can do and in time someone is going to figure out what we can do on a larger scale and a good match for RallyVW and a biodiesel producer will be found.

There is one particular group that is a year away from large scale production who seems to want to be involved in 2007 but I would like to have a relationship in place prior to that.

Thank you all again for your support!

ThePapaJohn

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Support the Team!!

Golf_GTDI said:
Thank you all very much for the support. ... the Chip Tunning events Jeff of RC is doing with us)....
I must say that I enjoyed the last Chip Tunning event, and how Smokey is performing now. WOW.

Will be sending you some extra $$ via the paypal shortly. Hope this next race is not as harsh to the front end of the car as the last! :eek:

John

Jon Hamilton

Veteran Member
Thanks for your support crew! The TDI community is incredible. Without the support of the TDI Vendors and enthusiast we would not be able to put an assalt on the National 2wd championship. We are facing competition like we have never seen before. Unlimited modifications and unlimited competition will make this season a true nail bitter. We are continuing to modify and tweek the Rally Car to produce more reliable power.

Thanks again for your donations and support. You are the driving force behind the team.....TEAM TDI! We will do our best to make TDI owners proud of our little diesels that could!

Thanks!

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Yeah, when I work for hours on end to prep the car with Jon, it is your support that keeps us going. It really makes a differnce and thanks for everyones support.

Please come out the the service areas at the Rally events and say hello if you are close to any of the races. We love to see TDI guys there.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Still have a few days left before the drawing. We are giving away some good stuff so don't wait. And most importantly, thank you for your support. We are in first place in the championship and are trying to keep it that way. Any little bit helps.

Oliver
Crew Chief RallyVW

roadlust

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 golf gl reflex silver (sold) 2013 TDI 2 door Golf Blue Graphite Metallic 6MT Premium Package.
Sent a modest contribution to a hard working fun loving team. Hope to meet you all sometime in the future.

Jon did my timing belt on short notice. Finishing up at close to midnight and he still had another car to service, this after working till 4:00am the night before! And had to get up and work a full day at the fire station the next morning. Great guy, fun guy, must be a hell of a driver!.........
I encourage everyone to help out even with the smallest donation.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Thats Jon, the guy is hard to keep up with and we all work our tails off to match his energy. Sadly it takes pretty well all of us to keep up.

Good news is that Preston "the greek" has the same sort of a$$ over tea kettle vibe.