Wheel weight and mileage

ktmkris

Veteran Member
TDI
MALONE TUNES DEALER , 2005 beetle tdi dsg, 1998 vw beetle 2.slow, 2003 beetle turbo s, 1998 beetle 2.0, 2006 beetle bew
You are reading to far into this. All I said in the beginning was a 245/45/17 is roughly 7/10ths of a inch or .71 inches taller then a 225/45/17. Then I had someone basically tell me that’s not true, I need to look up manufacturers specs. It was nothing more than splitting hairs.

I understand about deflection, I know what a rolling radius is, if a tire is properly inflated you will have a flat contact patch. If you are over inflating a tire and making it taller you are also running on the center tread. Your contact patch would be skinnier than correct pressure.

I made one comment about about a tire being .71 inches taller, and now we are here. That is chasing rabbits. I was trying to help someone who said there mileage went down.

I am not saying this about you Dolan, but some people on forums are so self righteous they
have to argue semantics. What are the forums for? To help each other. People get very butt hurt on forums. That being said, no one here will make me mad, I won’t give you that power. This is just a a psa

I don’t understand the argumentative nature of a lot of these people. I have had some super great people help me on here.

I have had many vw’s, actually 10 of my own. My father has had 5. I do all my own work. Usually if I ask a question on here it is to reconfirm what I already believe the issue to be. Double checking my work.

All I am saying is if there are a few guys getting the kicks of constantly tearing what people say apart, or arguing semantics. That just keeps others from joining the site. It stops others from seeking help, and makes the tdi community smaller by the day.