CJAA wont start, hoping for some advice

rhysd1309

TDI
Golf
Hi everyone. Thanks for having me here. I have asked this over on Volkswagenforum, but unfortunately didn’t get a response. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction.

2011 2.0 TDI CJAA engine code.

Originally, the car would start fine when cold, first turn. But the once warm it could take 20 attempts to get going again.
I did a leak back test on the injectors, found 2 to be giving out twice the amount of fuel the other two were, so I replaced them. Still same problem. I then try changing the fuel rail with the sensor and the regulator. Still same problem, although now, the car struggles to start from cold!!
I tried another cam sensor (although there are no codes) and that didn’t work.

Found the fuel filter to be totally clogged, so changed this and still the same

Out of desperation ( I really need it back for work) I changed the HPFP today, although there was no swarf. The engine is almost on 200000 miles so I was expecting some at least. Changed the pump and confirmed timing was ok. And yes, you guessed, still the same

Anyone had this issue before?

Found this video of same engine, and it’s doing the same. Starts, then immediately does. Until randomly it kicks into life and drives fine

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyucUf_jYz8

Many thanks

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Hope its not the intercooler clogged up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhysd1309

TDI
Golf
Ahhh, I’ve taken the boost pipe off just incase. Also checked shudder valve and EGR aren’t causing a blockage. Thanks for reply ��

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
do you have a vcds cable to scan for codes? possibly one of your other pumps is going out, I know the injectors won't work right without significant return line pressure, think its 150psi or something