2014 Q5 Post Fix Failed Emissions P208A

wizo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI & 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I purchased a 2014 Q5 TDI Prestige with 60k miles on it last weekend. It has the diesel update that was performed by the previous owners in Jan 2018.

Unfortunately 4 days after purchased I failed emissions testing. It had no CEL before the test but it came on after they plugged into the OBDII and started the engine.

Now getting code P208A, still waiting to get an appointment at Audi. Their service department seems to be backed up. They also said they would most likely need it overnight and would not provide a loaner. I guess with the extended emissions warranty you do not get a loaner like with the normal warranty. Disappointing considering Mercedes would give me a loaner even with a simple oil change. I hope this is not the start of the problems.

Anyone else run into the P208A code? Thoughts?

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Re: loaners, that is up to the dealership, not corporate. My Audi dealer in Knoxville gives a loaner to everyone for everything. Do you have another dealer you can use?

wizo

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI & 2014 Audi Q5 TDI
Re: loaners, that is up to the dealership, not corporate. My Audi dealer in Knoxville gives a loaner to everyone for everything. Do you have another dealer you can use?

I'm down in Chattanooga, the next closest might be Atlanta. Not sure it's worth a 3+ hour round trip unless it will be in the shop for days.

Pittdawg

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I'm down in Chattanooga, the next closest might be Atlanta. Not sure it's worth a 3+ hour round trip unless it will be in the shop for days.
I would request the next available date where they can take you first in the morning and request they use best efforts to finish it in one day.