Back to driving '03 TDI Jetta again

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
We took my Mazda Miata to Colorado on vacation early Sept. had a great time driving in the mountains. Plenty of power on those mountain roads and just a thrill to drive there.

on the way home on I-80, we were rear ended by a semi tractor tanker. Totalled the Miata, my knees are pretty well banged up, wife has some issues with tears in cerebral lining of her brain, but we are alive and survived. That car took a beating and we walked away. Lucky I think, as the tanker was empty.

So time to get the Jetta ready for another winter in Wisconsin.

If you've never driven, Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Pikes Peak, the Million Dollar Highway (Co. 150) and Wolf Creek Pass on Co. 160 you've got to do it. In some ways I would have preferred the Jetta, for all that torque, but still a blast. Definitely white knuckle driving much of the time, no guard rails, a long way down as well.

Coulee

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Glad y'all are ok, sucks for you and the Mrs and the Miata...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Glad you are relatively ok as opposed to being badly injured. A hit from behind can do a lot of injury. The Miata can be replaced.
Those are some of the western highways on my bucket list for the motorcycle (currently a Honda ST1300), exactly what it was made for enjoying.

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
Coulee glad you could walk away. Its hard to beat a September drive in the mountains. I was just there a couple weeks ago for a funeral and made it as far as I-76 and Wadsworth. It really hurt not getting to go further west. Beau Jeau's in Idaho Springs was calling me...