2011 BUG*PWR Award Nominations

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Yes it is that time again. Each year at TDIFest the BUG*PWR award is given to an individual who has done a lot of work for various people in the club and was always willing to help others without payment. It is in memory of a member named BUG*PWR who did a lot of work for others and was always jumping in to assist others.

I am looking for someone who has given a lot to the TDIClub community, goes out of their way to help others, and is not in it for any profit. If you would like to nominate someone, please email me a little bit about the person and what they have done for the club by August 12th. I will take the suggestions and make the announcement of this years winner at TDIFest 2011.

Past winners:
2000 Wilmington, NC: Velvetfoot
2001 Park City, Ut: Drivebiwire
2002 Grand Rapids, Mi: Gofaster
2003 Toronto, Canada: Tongsli
2004 Boston, Ma: Gwilli
2005 Lake Mills, WI: PeterV
2006 Philadelphia, PA: Tomo366
2007 Montreal, Canada: Lug_Nut
2008 Mason, OH: Hamsterdiesel
2009: Washington, DC: DanG144
2010: Portland, OR: WINGNUT
2011: Lexington, KY: TBD

Please send nominations directly to fred@tdiclub.com

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
A reminder that nominations are due by the end of day (Pacific time) on Friday August 12th. Several nominations have come in, but please keep them coming as if the individual you think is worthy of this award is not nominated, they can't win.

Also please include some examples with your nomination on why you feel the user in questions is an ideal candidate for the award.

Thanks,

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I am having a very tough time thinking of a good candidate who doesn't accept compensation. :(

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Thank you, VERY much.

Thanks, Tom! And thank you to all who thought I would be worthy of a nomination (apparently there were several submissions with my name on it, but you remain anonymous).

I'll be honest, about half of the banquet is a blur to me at this point :(. But I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for thinking to honor me with such a prestigious recognition in TDIClub. I remember trying to stumble through a speech, and failing horribly (and Lug_nut pointing out a great way to shut me up (and make me blush) - give me an award :p haha). So maybe I can try again here:

I am still finding it difficult to believe that I'm this years recipient. But I'm honored to be among the few who have been acknowledged for their outstanding contributions to the TDIClub community. This club is my family. I don't take that lightly. While I'm not as mechanically savvy as many of you, I have found that I take great enjoyment in helping out in other ways: organizing and helping you with TDIFest being one of them. I take great joy in seeing so many of you year after year and seeing the evolution of creation, modification, and camaraderie, and it makes me proud to be included in your community. This community has come to my aid in so many ways over the years that I am more than happy to give back to the club in whatever ways I can to pay forward the kindness, support, and generosity that others have shown me. Sometimes, I feel that I tend to receive more kindness than I can keep up in giving back. I believe I said this at the banquet, and I stand by it: Pay it Forward. A little bit of kindness and support can go a long way as long as we all continue to pay forward the goodness that we receive. That's what this community, this "family", - TDIClub is all about. :D

In short (just for you, Jon): Thank You. ;)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
+1 well deserved:) See you next year,and glad you ok.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
You rock, girl! Great seeing you again, as always. :)

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
We all are so proud and happy on hte outcome of this years recipient.

East coast or West coast Zippy is the best.

We really all do care.....

P&J

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Well deserved Zippy, congrats! You go girl! :)