ok guys please help me!

nApkIn

Veteran Member
i got 2 choices... first...

.....second....

so...anybody knows what we are looking at? i think the first one is a vnt-15 and the second one a vnt-17. am i right...

is there a difference in the mainfold-mounting between the both? when i get the vnt-17one... can i mount the mainfold directly on my engine (afn) like the vnt-15 combo?

thx

help me guys!

[ February 27, 2002, 05:18: Message edited by: nApkIn ]

christi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Peugeot 806, 607
Make sure that your inlet manifold will fit.

I think that the AFN engine had a different arrangement to the later engines, and so if you fit a turbo and exhaust manifold from a later engine then you need the inlet manifold too.

... I think.

Diesel Des knows all about this.

nApkIn

Veteran Member
? sorry where is the inlet mounted with the mainfold turbo outlet?..

just the egr valve hose will be mount on the mainfold.. but nothing more. please correct me if im wrong..

cya

M

mickey

The compressor housing has an ID plate on it, with the part number and other information engraved.

-mickey

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Just looking at it, I'd say the VNT-17 manifold will flow LOTS more air, just look how much bigger and smoother the ports are!

valois

Banned
THe second manifold looks like a AAZ or later(because it has the EGR cooler port maybe off a 97 Jetta. It looks identical to the manifold I got from a scrap yard in Canada, except mine does not have the EGR port.

Oldman

Top Post Dawg
Valois, does the second manifold have bigger ports? what is the bolts setup on the bottom? 3 bolt? Have you tried to fit other turbos to this manifold?