My Compound Build /// B4v

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Sorry gents there was some miscommunication and Matt's old tech school was closed...so tomorrow morning it is!

Some other news:

There is definitely more power with the .012's barely any smoke and max 1000f EGT's where the R520's were 900f max. We need to try the .013's and reset the turbo's to play like before and produce 45-50psi.

Tomorrow morning! Guess we waited this long what's one more day haha:p:D

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Good luck, this is a work of art, I'd love to see 350+....

Sent from crazy town.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Maybe I can try the .012s since your monster wants MORE fuel. :) Good luck and look forward to the results.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
This thing is going to have so much silly power, it'll turn one dollar of fuel to 22 ounces of tire smoke in 3.9 seconds?

BTW: who is the owner? I can't tell if Matt owns it or NoJoke does:confused:

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
nojoke's wagon....

we should do a pool for HP/TQ numbers....or at least a prize or something for closest.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
You're gonna need special tires made out of carbide sandpaper to hook up. :D

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Just hope they secure it properly to the dyno... I'm sure it'll want to break free. :p

May need a gaggle of Bob Fout's girlfriends laying on its hood and in the hatch to keep the wheels from spinning on the rollers.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Just hope they secure it properly to the dyno... I'm sure it'll want to break free. :p

May need a gaggle of Bob Fout's girlfriends laying on its hood and in the hatch to keep the wheels from spinning on the rollers.

HAHAHA does he like the bigger girls or light-weights?! :p

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T

Good Sir, "herd" is the correct term.

NoJoke

Veteran Member
Wow lots of high numbers!

OK here it is on Matt's ultra conservative dyno 225hp/320tq, supposedly the "highest fuel only HP" on that dyno. Hopefully Matt will post graphs later:D

It's holding 45-48 psi and that was on .012. .013's are next on the list.

Last edited:

DieselFan1984

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI
Next question is.....after you run a few tanks through the car, what is the mpgs of that monster?

A5INKY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2002 Eurovan Westphalia VR6
Those are first run numbers for sure. There is way more than that hiding in that car, conservative dyno or not. I did a clean 203 WHP with my little 2056 PD.

Can't wait to see it fully fueled to take advantage of those compounded huffers. It may take a few iterations but I want to see it crank out 300 WHP. It has to be in there after that awesome build.

Mowar Fuel!!!

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
First off, to everyone who has sent me a pm/email, I'm responding to them right now. I've basically been out of the shop all weekend/today working on the monster/dynoing so I appreciate the patience.

On with the updates;
I love mills :)

Today at the dyno was.....interesting to say the least. The turbo setup behaves totally different than on the road. On the road, the turbos come to life in perfect sync and neither spikes at all. On the dyno, the total boost was wanting to cross 40psi before the lp turbo went past 10psi at the start of the pull. Also, on the street, with the wastegate line disconnected on the LP turbo, I could hit 30psi out of it easily. On the dyno doing a 20 second 45-100mph pull, I had a hard time holding 25, it kept wanting to fall at the top of the rev range on a couple pulls.

IAT's at the end of most runs were in the 150F range. After the first two pulls, the cell heated up and IAT's would start around 105F. Oil temps would start around 205F and after the pull they'd be 218-220F. Highest egt's seen in 9 pulls were 1250F. On the street I can't stay in it long enough to get over 1050F haha.

I saved the graphs from 7 runs, however I didn't catch the fact that some dumba$$ changed the default format from jpeg to .w___ something. For whatever reason, the graphs come up the size of a postage stamp when you try to open them and when you try to enlarge them they just turn blurry. Only one opens large enough to legibly read :mad:. The best run today was 224.X hp and 338tq. While that may sound really low, bear in mind this is the same heart breaker that loudspl's car only did 182hp ish on fuel and 225hp on a huge shot of NOS.

While the numbers don't sound high, it does show how flat the curves are. The pull this car has anytime you're on boost is crazy. It just never stops. I can also say without doubt that this is by far the fastest tdi I've driven. Sprocket's b5.5 is a monster for sure, but this thing is just plain scary on the road! Again, despite what the graphs say, the turbos are super responsive on the street. I'll have to borrow my friend's gopro and get some driving vids. A blast of throttle in 3rd breaks the tires loose. 2nd gear is about useless haha. On the dyno, I actually had to air down the tires, tighten the straps, and air the tires back up because we spun tires on the first two runs :eek:.

This was the 5th fun when I was still playing around with the LP turbo waste gate boost valve getting it to hold 25psi.

I'm in the middle of reseating the v band connections on the crossover pipe (they've never leaked, of course they did on the dyno today) and then it's time to toss in the .013" nozzles and see what more fuel does. I have a feeling we can use even more :D.

Last edited:

DieselFan1984

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI
That is not bad for the fact that your on the heart breaker....I forgot that you were using that dyno. I bet with more fuel, 300 is in reach :D

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
And still no smoke, Matt? I was too scared to look back.. or at least I was not able to get my head off of the headrest.

scubagli

Veteran Member
TDI
1986 audi 4000Q ALH SWAP in progress...
Just goes to show dynos mean nothing, 1/4 mile is where it's at. When is it going to the track?

Sent from crazy town.

fouckhest

Veteran Member
TDI
.:GTD, .:R32, DangerRanger
Looks great Matt & Gus!

just a quick questions...how do those 0.012" & 0.013" nozzles compare to say a PD Race783?

cant wait to see what happens with more fuel!!

DieselFan1984

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mk4 Jetta TDI
What size nozzles do you think will work best for a 63mm/65mm turbo??? :) I'm just thinking here....lol

NoJoke

Veteran Member
I think we found a perfect match with .013's; Matt installed them today and actually ripped some welds on an axle.:D Anyone know how much of an upgrade Raxles are vs. 6sp?

Last edited:

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
I think we found a perfect match with the .013's; Matt installed them today and actually ripped some welds on an axle.:D Anyone know how much of an upgrade Raxles are vs. 6sp?
So maybe now you have a slight haze at WOT?? :D

I think there is room for a LOT more fueling from what I saw when I rode in it

Getting to and beyond 300whp on that dyno might be hard...think the 12mm will be enough?

Congrats on the numbers